Chapter Fifteen

When I awoke, clamorous rumbles of thunder were still rolling outside. Adam woke up already because he wasn't in his sleeping bag. I stared at my reflection in a mirror and I freaked out. Adam drew whiskers on my face and colored my nose black. I looked like a cat.

I got up from my sleeping bag and searched for Adam. I found him at the food aisle and he was cutting onions. Suddenly, an idea hatched in my head- I'm gonna try to scare Adam.

I quietly sneaked up from behind and when I was very close to him, I yelled out, "BOO!" To my surprise, Adam didn't even flinch. He started laughing instead. "Hahaha, you think you can scare me? You'll never scare me!" "One day I will scare you... just you wait! Oh, and you're horrible at cutting onions." "I've seen people cut worse than me," Adam responded. "If you're not crying, you're not trying." "I'm a man, I don't cry." "Yeah, okay. Are you trying to transform me into a cat?" I asked while scratching my nose. "Well, today is Halloween," Adam said while taking a bite from his sandwich that he made. Today is Halloween? That explains why Adam is wearing a Superman cape. I feel bad for those little girls and boys who were looking forward for today- dressing up, getting candy, etc. Curse this hurricane! However, if it wasn't for this hurricane, Adam and I wouldn't be trapped in Target together.

I've enjoyed every single moment in here with Adam so far. "I remember a few years ago someone jumped out of the bushes and my mom was with me." "Did your mom get scared?" Adam questioned. "She's still alive so I guess you can say she wasn't scared." Adam chuckled. "I think you would make a great superhero. You have the qualities. For example, you're a very cool person," I said honestly. "I know. If I were any cooler, I would freeze," Adam replied. "And I wouldn't unfreeze you," I said. "Sure," Adam said in a sarcastic tone.

I've decided to eat Lucky Charms for breakfast. After eating breakfast, Adam suggested that we should carve some pumpkins, so we did.

"Let's light up a candle in the pumpkin's head," Adam said. "At least when you light up a candle in the pumpkin's head, it'll be bright," I joked. "Hahaha." Adam began singing, "What Makes You Beautiful" by the band called One Direction. "Baby you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell-" "Stop singing," I said while blushing. "Why? You don't like that song? You don't like One Direction?" "No, I do like that song and I like One Direction. In fact, I like One Direction more than I like Maroon 5 (Adam's band)." Adam frowned. "I'm just kidding, Adam. Maroon 5 is my favorite band." Adam's frown turned upside down. "What's your favorite song from my band?" "Cellphone," I said. "The song is called Payphone you idiot," Adam said. "I know, I'm just messing with you." "Do I have to listen to Maroon 1, 2, 3, and 4 before listening to Maroon 5?" I joked. Adam laughed. 

"I'm going to use the restroom," I told Adam. "Yesterday, in the middle of the night, I woke up and went to use the restroom and I heard creepy sounds. I saw some red stuff on the floor and one of the mirrors were broken," Adam said, trying to scare me. I went to the restroom and came out alive.

I found Adam sitting on a red sofa eating skittles. "I've got skittles in my mouth, wanna taste the rainbow?" "No thanks. Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked. "Sure. Let's watch Friends With Benefits." "Why do you get to choose the movie?" "Because I'm more important. If our importance was compared to a food chain, I'd be a human, and you would be grass." I wanted to disagree, but decided not to. "Okay, fine." 

Right now, the movie is at a sex scene. The girl is screaming and moaning very loudly. "I'm having the weirdest boner right now," Adam said. "If you could have sex with yourself, I reckon you would," I replied. "I'd much rather have sex with you though," Adam winked at me. Slowly, a rosy scarlet color spread over my cheeks. "In the 7th grade, I was sitting in math class and I got a random boner. I tried to hide it with my hands and stuff, but my teacher thought I was texting in class. She came over to me and reached into my lap for my phone which actually wasn't there. She touched my boner and then just walked away," Adam told me one of his 7th grade experiences.

After watching Friends With Benefits, I decided to eat a chocolate Oreo cake. "Um... Blake," Adam said, a hint of amusement on his lips and in his eyes. "You have a little cake..." Reaching over, he ran one of his fingers along the bottom edge of my lip, brushing off a crumb. "It's gone now." Once again, I couldn't hold back my blush.