Chapter Five

It's been a week since Miranda and I broke up. I got to admit that for the past few days, I have been hanging out with Adam more than her. Was she jealous? I don't know why she would be jealous of Adam because I've spent more time with my best friend Luke than her before and she didn't mind. Maybe Adam and I have a special connection that I've never had with anyone else before. I have no idea where Miranda went. She won't answer any of my text messages or phone calls. She probably deleted my number. Although we’re not together anymore, I still hope that she's okay. I really miss her.

I woke up and I felt depressed because I would wake up every day and see Miranda on the right side of the bed (I like to sleep on the left side of the bed). Now I have to sleep alone and live in this house by myself. I would usually say "Good morning" to Miranda or she would say "Good morning" to me. I got a text message from someone, hoping it would be from Miranda. Nope, not Miranda. The text message was from Adam. "Wakey wakey Blakey! Are you busy? If not, you should come to my place." "I'm awake, bitch! I'm coming over." I was too lazy to make myself breakfast so I just left my house, driving to Adam's place. Adam better have some food in his refrigerator. Adam's house was bigger than mine! It looked incredibly modern, a mixture of steel, glass, and wood - a complete contrast to the front lawn. His garden was bordered off in tall, red bricked walls, trapping us into a square mile of unnaturally green grass, trimmed wedges, and birdbaths.

I rang the doorbell. Adam opened the door, "Hello, you ding dong." "Shut up, you should shave your mustache and beard. You look like a caveman." "The sexiest caveman alive." "You wish." I love how we have that type of relationship where we could insult each other and none of us would get hurt. His living room has been equipped with antique furniture along with a Persian rug. The walls are adorned with expensive modern art paintings.

"I made you breakfast," Adam said while I felt surprised. I went to the kitchen and found a plate of scrambled eggs. His kitchen sports a stainless steel finish and has been equipped with gadgets like a wine cooler and Espresso coffee maker. I think I just lost my appetite. The scrambled eggs looked rotten. Was he trying to kill me or was he a terrible cook? "Aren’t you going to eat?" Adam asked me. "I'm not hungry. I ate breakfast already," I lied. At the worst timing, my stomach growled. "That's not what your stomach is telling me. Why won't you eat it? Are you trying to say that I'm a bad cook?" Adam pouted. "Of course not!" I lied again. I noticed a slice of pepperoni on the scrambled eggs. I thought pepperoni belonged on pizza. "Why is there a slice of pepperoni on the eggs?" "Good question. I honestly forgot how that slice of pepperoni got on the eggs. Maybe it grew legs and made its way onto the eggs." "Right, exactly." Adam was killing me. I didn't want to eat the scrambled eggs, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings either. In the end, I've decided to eat it. Gulp.