Chapter Thirteen

"You kiss better than all my girlfriends I had in the past," Adam whispered to my ear. I could feel twin spots of heat over my cheekbones. "How many girlfriends have you had?" "I don't keep track. I've dated many Victoria Secret models." I figured. Adam could probably date anyone he wants in this world. He's like a Michelangelo statue or sex god. Why would he date me though? Did he really mean it when he said, "I love you" or "You kiss better than all my girlfriends I had in the past." I'm guessing he didn't mean what he said because in one of our interviews, the interviewer asked Adam, "Do you and Blake have a special connection?" Adam responded, "Blake... Blake and I have definitely a special connection. A totally, platonic, non-sexual connection. He's not my type." When he said that, I was a little hurt.

On one of The Voice shows, I blurted out, "I love you Adam." He replied, "I love you too. In a non-sexual way." Then, I said, "I can't say the same." I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I drank too much? "What's wrong, Blake?" "Nothing." "You were spacing out." "No, I wasn't," I lied. Offering me his hand, I took it and together we headed for his car. I took deep breaths, enjoying the fresh air. It wasn't raining so much, but the clouds looked dark. Adam opened the passenger door for me and I climbed in. Adam snapped on the radio, and the weather station had just declared that a hurricane is coming. The last time a hurricane happened here was a long time ago so we weren't that worried.

A tempestuous burst of wind lashed into the side of Adam's car, pushing it to the left. Adam yanked the steering wheel to the right so we wouldn't crash into the edge of the road. Our hands were shaking like leaves. To my left, I saw Target. "Adam, turn into the Target parking lot. I have to buy a birthday present for my nephew." He obeyed me. He pulled into a parking spot closest to the building. We climbed out of the car, and started walking to the entrance. "Ugh, we are completely soaked," Adam complained. "I love getting wet," I said. I seriously love it when water from the rain dribbles down my face. "Oh, you do? The wetter, the better," Adam winked at me. Gosh, he can be very dirty sometimes. "What are you guys doing here?" Adam and I turned around to see a tall man with an umbrella. "I need to buy my nephew a birthday present," I replied. He was laughing. "What's so funny?" Adam snapped at him.

"You guys are buying stuff while a hurricane is raging." "Well, I forgot my nephew's birthday last year so-" "Sorry, but the store's closed. I'm locking up right now." Adam and I walked away looking disappointed. When he was out of our sight, we sprinted back into the main entrance and through the open sliding door that led into the store. "We are such bad asses," Adam said to me with a smirk on his face. "Shhh, someone might be here!" "I doubt it." "Let me just get a nerf gun for my nephew and then we'll go. I'll leave money somewhere." A loud crash of thunder roared, causing my heart to shudder. "Aw, is Blakey scared?" "No!" It was dark so Adam and I grabbed a flashlight.

Sweeping the flashlight around me, I made my way to where the nerf guns were. I grabbed a nerf gun then placed the money on one of the Target counters. "Okay, let's get out of here Adam." I turned around and noticed that Adam wasn't behind me or next to me. Where was he? He better not be scaring me. "Adam!" I yelled. I could hear my own echo. Adam didn't say anything. I walked around looking for him, feeling apprehensive. There are no such things as ghosts, I kept telling myself. Where the hell is Adam?

"Boo!" "AHH!" I shrieked, dropping my flashlight. I picked up my flashlight and brought it to the person's face that scared me. I knew it. Adam was trying to scare me, and he succeeded. Now, he's laughing like a hyena. "That was not cool!" "Your face was priceless!" "I'll get you back later. Let's go," I said. I tried the door that was at the back entrance, but the door wouldn't open. "Looks like the door is locked from the outside," Adam said. "No shit Sherlock." "Well, let's just break the door." I nodded. We took a few steps back, and then we ran with full speed to break the door. "One more time!" We did it again and I heard a crack sound. "Yes!" Adam cheered. Instead of seeing the stormy outside like we expected, our eyes met metal. "Why is there metal here?" I questioned. "I guess these metal walls go up whenever there's a storm or natural disaster." "So we are stuck here." "Yep," Adam said popping the 'p.' I'm trapped in Target with Adam...