Chapter Eleven

"Come on!" I yelled at Adam who was showering. "Wait! I'm almost done showering!" He has been in the shower for 15 minutes. He was also singing while showering. We are going to be late if he doesn't hurry up. "You do know that today is the last day of The Voice right? Don't make me come in there!" "The door is locked and I'm done!" I heard the water stopped and Adam cursed. "Fuck. I forgot to bring my clothes to the bathroom. Let me just wrap myself in a towel and go get them." "I'll get them," I said. "Hurry, I'm freezing." I went to Adam's bedroom to get clothes for him. At the same time, I observed the room. The bedroom's wallpaper was full of skulls. In here he had a guitar, pillows, a fancy clock, blankets, books, a big desk, etc. I walked towards the closet when I stepped on something. It was some magazine. I picked it up to see what magazine Adam was looking at. I should've known... Adam was looking at a porn magazine. I wondered how many girlfriends Adam had. I placed the magazine on Adam's desk. Adam's photo album book was on his desk. I was curious to open the book and look at his pictures, but decided not to. He'll probably show me his pictures someday. When I opened the closet, I felt surprised. He had mostly white t-shirts and A.P.C jeans. I thought he would have a variety of clothes that were super expensive. He did have some tuxedos, ties, and tuxedo pants. I grabbed a tuxedo, a tie, and pants for him. "Here you go." I handed him the clothes and he got out of the bathroom looking handsome. We left his house and I started walking to my car and he started walking towards his Aston Martin DB9. "Race you to The Voice?" Adam asked a smirk forming on his face. "You're on."

I drove off first and there was no sign of Adam's car. He was probably way behind me. I arrived outside of The Voice. Looks like I won. I entered the building and my jaw dropped when I saw Adam sitting on a couch. "How in the world did you get here so fast? Did you teleport or something?" Adam was chuckling. "I took a short cut." There was a short cut for getting here? All well, at least we didn't bet money on who would get here faster. We joined Christina, Cee Lo, and Carson. Christina and Cee Lo were already sitting in their red chair. "Welcome to The Voice finale! Tonight we will find out who will The Voice! I will announce the winner at the end of the show," Carson said with excitement. Each of the finalists will be performing with a celebrity. The performance won't count for winning The Voice because the results are already in. First, Vicci Martinez from team Cee Lo sang, "Drops of Jupiter" with Patrick Monahan. Thank goodness Dia and Miranda will be performing last. Javier from team Adam sang "Landslide" with Stevie Nicks. I miss those good old days where I would go down a slide when I was a child. Next, Beverly from team Christina sang "Good Life" with Ryan Tedder. "Great job you guys. Now, your final performance before I announce the winner of The Voice, Dia from team Blake and Miranda Lambert!" Carson said. Breathe in, breathe out. They were singing, "The House That Built Me." I wondered if she was staring at me. I tried my best not to look at her. I was looking at Dia. After they were done performing, I felt relieved. "Okay. The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here. The winner of The Voice season one is..." There was a long pause. The suspense is killing me. "Javier Colon from team Adam!" When Carson declared Javier as the winner, I felt ambivalent. I am glad that Javier won, he really did deserve to win. However, I really thought that Dia would win because her original song, "Inventing Shadows" topped the iTunes singles chart. All well. There's always next season!

Adam, Christina, Cee Lo, and I got out of our chairs and began to congratulate Javier for winning The Voice and we hugged the other finalists. Adam was as happy as a kid on the first day of Christmas or summer vacation. Javier received a golden trophy and he was happier than all of us. This is such a joyful moment.