Chapter Fourteen

The lights are on so we don't have to use our flashlights anymore. We were both sitting on a black sofa. "Adam, do you have your cell phone?" "My phone died so I left it in my car. Where's yours?" "I left my phone in your car too," I responded. Thunder rumbled overhead which made me worry. How long would Adam and I be trapped here? I hope my family and friends are safe. "Let's go eat whatever we want!" Adam said happily, getting up from the sofa. "Okay," I mumbled, following him to where the food section was. The ceiling rattled with the next crack of thunder. "I really hope the ceiling doesn't break and crush us," I said to Adam. "Stop being so pessimistic. I'll be your knight in shining armor," Adam replied. Adam began eating a yogurt and I started eating a chocolate donut. I was about to have my final bite of my donut when something hit me, making the donut fall onto the floor. Next to the donut, was a tomato. I stared at Adam who was grinning. "It slipped," Adam said while giving me a innocent look. "My foot is gonna slip!" "Let's go do something fun, Blake." "Like what?" "We can play basketball." "I don't like sports," I honestly said. "Well, too bad. There's a hoop set up back there," he pointed to the basketball hoop. "I suck at basketball though," I whined. "The only way to get better is to practice! When I was six, I took the winning shot of a basketball game with barely any time left on the clock. That inspired me." "Wow, you could be the white version of Michael Jordan," I muttered. I decided to play basketball with Adam. He smirked at me as I approached him with two basketballs in hand. "It looks like you've come back with the balls to do to this. Two balls," he said, eyeing my hands. "Yep, that's more than you have!" Adam did a fake laugh. "Okay, let's see what you got. Go shoot," Adam told me. I grasped the basketball, brought my arms over my head, and shot the ball. Surprisingly, the ball went in. "Wow, I'm impressed. Let's do a one on one game." I agreed.

After we played basketball, we were blowing bubbles like little children. Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you can't have fun! I began blowing bubbles and I noticed that I blew one really huge bubble. "It's so big. I guess you blow good," Adam winked at me. After blowing bubbles, I grabbed a carrot and began to eat it. "So... were you really on the phone with one of your band members?" I asked Adam. "No, I was on the phone with my sister. She got into a car accident a few weeks ago, so I would visit her in the hospital or call her once in a while. I'm sorry for lying to you, it's just that I don't like talking about my family problems," Adam said with a frown on his face. "I'm sorry. I didn't-" "It's okay. I promise I won't lie to you ever again," Adam interrupted me. "Thanks, I appreciate it." "Oh Blake! Do you have my 5,000 dollars?" Dang flabbit, he remembered about the bet! I dropped the rest of my carrot that I was eating and got 5,000 dollars out of my wallet. "I'm going to miss you," I said to the money. Adam was staring at me like I'm a weirdo or something. I started to hand him the money. "Let go of the money!" Adam demanded. I didn't want to let go for some reason. Sure, I have a lot of money because I'm a celebrity, but it still kind of hurts to lose 5,000 dollars just because of a bet. "Give me the loot or you get the boot!" I sighed in defeat and released my hand from the money. "It's getting late, we should sleep," I suggested. Adam nodded. We gathered sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows. "Okay," Adam said, letting his sleeping bag, blankets, and pillow drop from his arms to the floor. "I'm going to sleep here. Where are you going to sleep, Blake?" "Ugh... I don't know." Thunder stroke again and I jumped a little. "Blake, I don't mind if you want to sleep next to me." "Okay," I responded. This is my first time sleeping next to him. Inappropriate images kept popping up in my head and causing my cheeks to redden. I need to remain calm. Adam covered the floor with blankets before putting the sleeping bags on them. I sunk down on my temporary bed while Adam turned off the lights. We took off our shoes and I climbed into my sleeping bag, he climbed into his. "Goodnight, Blake. I love you," Adam said. "Night, Adam," I replied quietly. I wanted to say "I love you too" to him, but I decided not to. When the right moment comes, then I'll say it.

My heartbeat began to increase at his propinquity. His body was only about one foot away from mine. Seeing his face made me less frightened. I forced my eyes shut, trying to fall asleep. It was hard to sleep because of the thunder. A few minutes later, my eyes opened. I stared at Adam for a while. He looked so cute sleeping. Suddenly, Adam's eyes opened and he gazed at me. Electricity flowed between our gazes and for a split second, I couldn't look away. "What's wrong?" Adam asked me. "I can't sleep," I responded. "Scoot closer to me," he ordered and I felt my sleeping bag being tugged toward him. I blushed, but he probably couldn't see my blush because it was dark. "I'll be up until you fall asleep." "Adam, you don't have to." "Blake, I know you're scared. I'm not that tired anyways!" I smiled. "Thanks." Throughout the night, Adam and I were holding hands. I felt very comfortable now and eventually, I drifted off to sleep.