Chapter Nineteen

Waking up in the arms of someone you care about so much is unexplainable. When I woke up, Adam was already awake. He was just zoning off, looking up at the ceiling. "Good morning," I said with a sleepy smile on my face. "Morning Blake," Adam said. "Are you ready to go ice skating?" Adam asked me. "Yes," I responded. We brushed our teeth, ate breakfast, wore our winter equipment, then left Adam's house. Adam and I were both wearing matching gray beanies. When we stepped outside, large, heavy flakes of snow were falling from the sky. Staring at the white puffs, I tightened my scarf and pulled my beanie on tighter. "Do you like snow?" Adam questioned. He was bundled up tight too. He looked like a runaway model in his expensive pea coat and designer scarf. "I do like the snow. I just don't like shoveling," I responded. "I'll shovel for you," Adam said. "Aww, you're too sweet." "I know."

Adam set the heat to full blast once we were in his car. The air inside the rink was only a touch warmer than the outside temperature. Fortunately, there weren't many people. We paid for our skates and I stared down at the blades apprehensively. They looked incredibly sharp. "Ready, Blake?" Adam asked, holding his hand out to me. He didn't wobble the tiniest bit on his own skates. With my heart pounding in my chest, I nodded. "Go slow," I told him, gripping his hand tightly as I stood up from the bench. Grinning, Adam nodded. "Just keep your legs steady. You'll get the hang of it quickly," Adam said. "What do I do? Move forward?" I asked. "Yes, move forward slowly. I'm going to let go of you so you can spread out your arms to help keep your balance." Adam slid back a few feet and I flung my arms out, trying to balance myself. Somehow, I managed not to fall. "If you feel like you're about to fall, bend your knees forward. Push off with your left foot, then your right, or whatever you feel comfortable with, and keep it steady." I followed the instructions. I put all my power into my left foot and pushed off. I lost my balance and pitched off to the left, falling hard onto the ice. Adam was standing above me, chuckling into his hand. I gave him a nasty look and he offered me his hand. "Maybe I should hold on to you to start with," Adam said. "You don't say." I grasped his hand. "I'm going to try this again. Don't let me fall," I said. "I won't," Adam told me. Looking straight ahead, I determinedly slid my foot forward. I didn't fall so I moved my other foot forward. "I'm doing it!" I cried excitedly. "Good job," Adam praised me, squeezing my hand.

As it turned out, ice skating was a lot easier than I'd thought it to be. I got the hang of it and managed to skate next to Adam at a normal pace without holding his hand. "Do you want to race?" Adam asked me. I stared at him. His cheeks were rosy red and his eyes sparkled with excitement. He was absolutely adorable and I just couldn't say no. "Okay, just one lap around the rink though." I already figured Adam would win, but it was worth a shot. "One...two...go!" I shouted suddenly, shoving forward to get a head start. I'd almost made it the full lap before a little girl slid out in front of me. Since I was like four times her size, I quickly threw myself to the side so I wouldn't plow her over. However, since I did that, I caught the tip of my blade on the ice and came to a dead halt, my weight throwing me head over heels. The ice met my face with a painful welcome. "Blake!" Adam called, coming to a halt beside me. "Are you okay?" Pushing myself up from the ground, I turned to give him a half-smile. "I'm alright." Adam's eyes widened and he brought his hand up to his own face and touched his nose. "Blake, you're bleeding..." Surprised, I touched my nose with my own hand and it came back bloody. "Oh my gosh." Adam burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I knew you would hurt yourself." I slapped his ass, causing him to jump. "Stop laughing!" "Maybe if you slap my ass again." "No, because now I know you like it," I replied. Adam dragged me into the men's room and handed me a balled up wad of toilet paper. I pressed it to my nose, willing the bleeding to stop. Luckily, the blood flow ended quickly. Adam then took my face into his hands carefully, checking for cuts. "No cuts. Let's go get some hot chocolate." I nodded. We took our skates off and drank hot chocolate.  

After spending the whole day outside, freezing all of our toes, fingers, and noses off, we were huddled next to Adam's fire place cuddled with blankets. Adam came back with some marshmallows, graham crackers, and some Hershey bars. "Yum, smores," I said. I put my marshmallow into my stick and put it near the fire in order to melt it. I watched the fire crackle.

After eating a lot of smores, I felt like my belly was about to explode. "I'm going to sleep," I said before getting up. With one last glance over my shoulder, I started to walk over to my bed. I bought myself a bed for Adam's house so we don't have to share the same bed anymore. Once I had reached the room, I was swept around with someone's hands on my shoulders. Adam was staring at me, his beautiful eyes sparkling. Adam brushed his lips against my cheek before kissing it softly. "Good night," Adam said, turning around and walking into his bedroom. "Good night," I said back to him. Tomorrow is Christmas and I got Adam the perfect present.