Chapter Twenty Seven

All I had ever wanted in my life was not to be woken up on a Saturday morning.

"Yo, idiot. Get up." Apparently, that was way too much to ask for.

I mumbled into my pillow, still half asleep. I sunk in deeper into the bed and flung the bed sheets over my head, hoping Adam would be considerate enough to acknowledge my laziness and leave me at peace.

A second later, the covers were drew away, and my entire body was covered in goose bumps. I jumped up instantly, now becoming fully awake and alert. I threw a pillow at Adam. "You're such a jerk, Adam!" I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him. "Why do you wake up so damn early?" "I guess I'm a morning person," Adam responded. 

"So why did you wake me up so early?" I asked Adam. "I need you to help me clean my car. We also need to clean the bed sheets later because of what happened last night," Adam winked. 

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my messy morning hair, grabbed my phone, and followed Adam down the stairs; not even bothering to take a look in the mirror. Walking past the kitchen, Adam made his way to his backyard with me hot on his trail. 

I checked my phone messages. Tim texted me back. "I was at an amusement park. Why?" 

"Oh, just wondering. Who were you with?" 

"Just a friend." 

Ugh, Tim is being so difficult. 

"Tim, you can just tell me that you were with Miranda at the amusement park. I wouldn't be mad." 

"I'm sorry. I just feel bad...." 

"Why do you feel bad?" 

Suddenly, I got a phone call. "Hello?" "Hi, I'm waiting outside of your friend's house with your Golden Retriever." "Oh, I'm coming!" "Be right back Adam." 

The moment I stepped outside into the chilly morning air, I was instantly greeted by Bones, who made no attempt to hide his excitement and jump on me. "Hey Bones!" I cooed, scratching the back of his ear, "Welcome!" "Bones is very energetic. Please be careful and take good care of him." "Don't worry, I will. Thank you so much for the puppy!" 

I smiled as Bones wagged his tail and ran circles around me. A moment later, he barked and sprinted off to the kitchen. I ran after Bones.

When I arrived at the kitchen, Bones was licking Adam. "Blake! Why is there a cute puppy here?" "The puppy is my early birthday gift for you!" "Awe, thank you," Adam hugged me. "What's his name?" "Bones, unless you want to change the name." "No, the name is perfect."

We were now washing Adam's car. Adam was holding a yellow sponge which reminded me of a Nickelodeon show. "Hey Adam, have you ever watched the show Spongebob?" "Of course I have!" "Well, I love you as much as Spongebob loves jelly fishing." "Wow, you're lame. One of my ex-girlfriends said that to me already." "Fuck her!" "Oh yes, I fucked her so many times."

Without thinking, I grabbed a hose that was lying around on the ground and drenched Adam in water. "What the fudge, Blake?!" Adam yelled. In an instant, he was standing in front of me, his eyes darkening with rage as he stepped forward and towered over me. Drops of water fell from his wet hair and fell down his perfect face. I watched, enchanted, as my heart pounded against my chest. Wet Adam is the best Adam. 

Suddenly, Adam shot me an amused smirk. "Your turn," he breathed in my ear, before completely soaking me from head to toe with icy water. A scream left my lips as the chilled liquid ran down my spine. I couldn't stop myself from giggling as I tried squirming away from Adam's hold as he continued to pour water over me. "The wetter, the better," Adam said. "This reminds me of the time when we were at the Target parking lot; completely soaked." "Ah, good times." 

I began reaching for the hose, completely unaware that I was unintentionally pressing my body against his to stretch for it. Adam had a breathtaking smirk on his lips as he unceasingly continued to laugh with so much amusement. 

Bones began to jump on us and he circled between our legs. With Adam still holding onto me and us trying not to step on Bones, we promptly lost our balance and fell... into the mud. 

With the wet, slippery mixture of Earth and water in our hair, on our faces, and on our clothes, we just stayed lying on the ground and smiled at each other. 

Buzz! Someone texted me. 

I got up and got out my phone. Tim texted me.

"I feel bad because I got your girlfriend pregnant." Whoa, I did not see that coming.

"Don't feel bad. Miranda and I broke up. She didn't tell you that?"

"No."

"Oh, sorry. I should have told you that we broke up a long time ago."

"It's fine. We're cool, right?"

"Yeah, we're cool."

"Okay, I got to go to the hospital now. Bye Blake." 

"Bye, Tim." 

"Who texted you?" Adam asked. "Tim," I replied. "Oh, what's happening?" "Tim got Miranda pregnant." "Oh." "Yeah."