Chapter Twenty

I ate coffee cake for breakfast. The Christmas present that I got for Adam was a brand new guitar. I decided to get him that because he seemed pretty upset when he broke his last guitar. I smiled uncontrollably as I placed a blue bow on the guitar. A minute later, there was a knock at the door. "Come in," I said after hiding the guitar. Adam smiled, then made his way to me. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from jumping on him and kissing him. His smile has been one of my weaknesses from the beginning. He rested his hands on my waist and I got a tingly feeling. "Merry Christmas," Adam said. "Merry Chris-" Before I could finish my sentence, Adam attacked my lips with his. He kissed me hungrily. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. His lips left mine to go to my jaw, then my neck. I pulled away from Adam and asked him, "Should I give you your Christmas present now or later?" "Right now. Wait, let me get my presents for you first. Be right back!" Presents? Adam got me more than one gift? A minute later, Adam came back in the room with two wrapped up gift boxes. "Here, you open your presents first," Adam said. I took the boxes from Adam and began to open the smaller box first. I gasped when I saw an expensive golden watch. "Aww, you shouldn't have, but I'm glad you did!" I told Adam. "Open the other one." I opened the other box. Inside the box was a huge snow globe. There is a small mistletoe, a Mickey Mouse wearing a Santa hat, and falling snow inside the snow globe. "Thank you for these amazing presents," I said. "Close your eyes." Adam closed his eyes while I picked up my present for him. "Open them now," I told him. Adam eyes widened when he saw me holding a brand new guitar. "Here," I gave him the guitar. "Wow, I needed one of these since my last guitar broke. Thank you!" Adam hugged me.

We spent the whole afternoon watching Christmas movies and baking/decorating cookies. We were both wearing a Santa Claus hat. "I wanna ride a reindeer," I said while shoving a Christmas tree cookie in my mouth. "I wanna ride you," Adam shot me a wink. I rolled my eyes. "Let's take a picture," I suggested. "Okay," Adam said. We got off the couch and I took a picture of us on my phone. I made the picture that I just took my phone background.

We are now sitting next to Adam's fireplace. Adam began to play his guitar and he started singing. He was singing "Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber.

It’s the most beautiful time of the year,
Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer,
I should be playing in the winter snow,
But I'mma be under the mistletoe,

I don’t wanna miss out on the holiday,
But I can’t stop staring at your face,
I should be playing in the winter snow,
But I’mma be under the mistletoe,

Aye, love, the wise men followed the star,
The way I followed my heart,
And it led me to a miracle,

 Aye, love, don't you buy me nothing,
'cause I am feeling one thing, your lips on my lips,
That’s a merry, merry Christmas.

I placed my lips on Adam's lips. After we were done kissing, Adam went somewhere. A minute later, he came back with something behind his back. "I forgot to give you this," Adam pulled a sky-blue stuffed giraffe out from behind his back. "Did you buy that?" I asked him. "No, his name is Cody. Over the past few years, my band had received so many stuffed animals from fans that we can't keep them all. However, Cody is special because he was the first present that a fan had ever given me." "Oh my God," I said, trying to hand Cody back. "I can't accept this. It obviously means something to you." "Yes you can and you will," Adam told me, refusing to take his present back. "Yes, the giraffe means something to me, but you mean so much more to me. You are everything I think about, everything I want." "Wow, I don't know what to say," I told him and I hugged the stuffed animal to my chest. Adam placed one of his fingers on my lips. "Shh, don't say anything. Just kiss me." I placed Cody on the floor and kissed Adam under the mistletoe.