Chapter Twenty One

I woke up and immediately checked my phone like it's the morning paper. I got a text message from my friend, Tim. "Are you ready for the Academy of Country Music Awards tonight?" "Hell yeah!" I texted back. This will be my third time hosting the ACMs. A minute later, Tim texted me again. "I'm so excited to see you and Luke host the ACMs." "Luke will be hosting the ACMs with me?" "Yes, he never told you?" "He did. I just forgot," I lied. "Okay, I gotta go. See you at the ACMs, Blake." "See you there." I didn't want to tell Tim that Luke and I aren’t best friends anymore. I went to the kitchen and saw Adam sitting in a black chair, eating breakfast. "Good morning," Adam said. "Morning." "What's wrong?" Adam asked me. "I'm just nervous about hosting the Academy of Country Music Awards tonight." "There's no reason to be nervous. You've  hosted the ACMs before and you were spectacular." "Thanks. I'm nervous because Luke will be hosting the show with me. Nobody knows that we aren’t best friends anymore besides you and Miranda. Also, this will be Luke's first time hosting." "You and Luke can pretend to be best friends just for today. Everything will be okay," Adam told me. "I hope so."  

After driving for six hours, I made to the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. The first person I came in contact with was Luke. "Hello Blake," he said. "Hey." "Listen, I'm sorry for kissing Miranda." "How do you know that I saw you kissing Miranda?" "You're not the best hider. I saw you hiding behind that tree eavesdropping on us," Luke said. "Oh. Well, why did you do that to me?" He scratched the back of his neck and replied, "I guess I was jealous. I thought you replaced me for Adam." "Are you serious? I would had never replaced you as my best friend." "So, you want to be best friends again?" he asked. "Um, I don't think we could be best friends again. However, we can be friends." "That's fine with me. Now, let's have fun hosting the ACMs!" "Hell yeah!"

 Hosting the ACMs with Luke was a lot of fun. We made the whole audience laugh. Our chemistry was off the charts. At one point, Luke reached over and rubbed my belly and it made me blush. Luke joked about the ABC show, Nashville. Luke said that the show was about a hot, young, country star and a jealous, washed up, country artist. Then he laughed and said, "Kinda like Blake and I." He was saying that I am the old guy, but I totally laughed it off. The funny thing is that Luke and I are the same age. Miranda won three awards: Female Vocalist of the Year, Single Record of the Year, and Song of the Year. Luke won one award which was the 'Entertainer of the Year' award. I won zero awards, but that's okay. I won the 'Entertainer of the Year' award in 2012. 

Luke and I are now driving back to Los Angeles. "Congratulations on your award Luke!" "Thank you." "So, you're still dating Miranda right?" I asked Luke. "No." "What happened?" "I went outside to buy some food and when I came back, I caught Miranda having sex with some guy." "Oh, I'm sorry." "It's okay, I'm fine." For the next couple of hours, we just talked about random things.

"We're finally back in Los Angeles," I said. "Can I spend the night at your place?" Luke asked me. "I'm actually spending the night at Adam's place, but I'm sure he won't mind if you tag along," I responded. I got my keys out of my pocket and opened the door to Adam's house. Adam gave me his extra key to his house. We both got in the house and we went to the living room. Adam was already at the living room watching T.V. "Hey Adam," Luke said, holding out his hand for Adam to shake it. "Hey," Adam replied, shaking Luke's hand. "Blake, can I talk to you in private?" Adam asked me. "Um, okay."