Chapter 5

"Yah, what time is it now and you just woke up?!" my mum chided the moment I came down the stairs. Her nagging made me groaned in frustration, "it's weekend..." I sat down lazily on the couch, still in my pajamas. "You lazy bum, go up and change out of your pajamas right now." I let out another groan, "there's only you, Minrae and me in this house. I don't see a need to change. There's nothing wrong with wearing my pajamas." She opened her mouth and was about to continue her lectures but was cut off by the sound of the gate opening. "I'm home." Minrae announced cheerfully, making me roll my eyes. Why do I have such sister?! Isn't it obvious it's her since there's only 3 of us in this house? "Did you buy anything for me?" I looked at the direction of the gate, where she is standing, than I noticed a figure behind her. 'Am I dreaming?!'

"Jongin, it has been so long since we met! How have you been?" Mum gasped as she noticed Kai behind Minrae, carrying some of her bags of groceries for her. I don't see him doing that for me, never. "I'm fine, Mrs Choi." He smiled and bowed as he greeted her. "I saw him nearby when I'm coming home, so I figured it should be alright to bring him over." Minrae shrugged as she went to the kitchen to put the things she was carrying. "Of course it's alright!" Mum cheered happily. Okay, I didn't get that from her, never. She has never spoke to me or Minrae in that manner unless she wants something from us. And it's not alright at all. I mind him being here. I huffed and looked away in annoyance.

"Yah, Choi Hyerim, why are you still sitting there in your pajamas?!" Oh right... "Jongin, sorry for letting you see that ugly state of her." mum smiled as she apologise, making me gawked in surprised. "It should be his honor to see me in my pajamas!" I ran upstairs quickly before she could say anything. 'Why is that jerk here again?! Don't tell me he came here specially to look for me.' I started day-dreaming again however, Minrae's call to hurry up snapped me out of it.

After I changed into shorts and a simple tee, I went back down and noticed them sitting around on the couch, chatting. I made my way there and sat myself down next to Minrae lazily. "Yesterday when you called and asked for Hyemin, I thought she finally got herself a boyfriend. But than, I realised it was you..." Kai turned to me and smirk, "finally...?" However, too engrossed in chatting, mum did not notice it. What the hell is wrong with that woman?! "Yea, she hasn't had any crush on anyone else other than you. She never made any guy friends either. I even thought she was a lesbian for once." I face-palmed mentally, 'do you have to tell him these?! God...' I groaned as I imagined how is he going to be, making fun of me for not being able to move on.

"Why are you here?!" I glared at him, cutting off their conversations. "Nothing in specific." He shrugged a little, trying to be innocent. Ew. "If that's the case, you may leave." I stood up and walked towards the door. "Hyemin!" mum and Minrae yelled at me for my rudeness. "Since Hyemin doesn't want me to be here, I'll take my leave." For that second when I asked him to leave, I could see sadness, pain, guilt and regrets in his eyes. 'Was I seeing things?' Mum and Minrae protested the moment he stood up. "Why don't you stay for dinner?" "Yea, ignore that crazy sister of mine. Just stay for a lil' longer." He smiled, "Nah, I'll get going. Some other time, perhaps." He bowed to them as he made his way towards me, where the door was. I gladly opened it, "I'm going to see him off."

"Do you really hate me so much?" He asked with those emotions he had earlier in his eyes. "I don't know." He bit his lower lips, "than do you still..." I cut him off before he could continue. "I'll forget about my feelings for you. So if you want to threaten me about it, go ahead. Now leave." I could almost see his heart ached as I said those to him. 'Don't fall for it... it's his tricks to make you fall for him again than he'll humiliate you once again like how he did in the past.' I told myself. "Bye." I mumbled before he turned away and walk off.

My heart ached, it felt as if it was torn into pieces when he turned away. 'Don't tell me I still have feelings for him...' I shook my head and sighed. Tears clouding my vision as the hurt I felt when he rejected me twice in the past came back to me. The pain and the memory was crystal clear, as if it happened only yesterday.