Chapter 3

After spending the day watching movie alone, going to the bookstores, I made my way to the stall that sells rice cakes that mum loves. There's a reason for me buying these for her, it's of course to get extra allowance this week. Humming SHINee's Dream Girl, I turned into the street back home. Than I froze as I noticed a familiar silhouette that is leaning on the lamp post behind me that I just walked past. 'Am I hallucinating? Am I seeing things?' I turned around and take another look. I grasped at the sight. I really am seeing things.

"Y-y-you...." It was Kai who was leaning on the the lamp post. Unable to say something after being in a shock, I just stared at him in disbelief. "Idiot... do you have to be so exaggerating?" he frowned as he seemed to be unhappy about my reaction. "You....." I blinked, trying to think of something to say. 'Why is he doing here?! He hasn't come to this district ever since he moved away...' "Why are you here?" I finally regained my ability to speak.

"I was waiting for you." he muttered. "Eh?!" 'Waiting for me?!' My heart raced unknowingly, and I was unknowingly anticipating something, but yet have some uncertainty. 'Why is he waiting for me? Don't tell me he is going to confess?!' I started making wild guesses, 'what if after being apart for so long, he sees me now being different made him realised he has always been in love with me?' I can't help but snicker at the thought of it.

"Yah, what are you laughing at? You looked like some idiot." 'Idiot?! Did he wait here for me just to call me an idiot?!' "I looked like some idiot?! Than does that makes you smart?" I rolled my eyes, "what are you waiting for me here for? Do you have nothing else better to do?" Without hesitation, he nodded and replied, "yea." I clenched my fist, 'if you're really that bored, go find your friend than! Or your "new friend" Yerim. Why me?! Furthermore, we've no connections between us anymore...' I grumbled to myself.

"I called your home, your mum told me you were out and that you most probably will be back at this timing so I waited for you here." He replied coldly."Y-you called my house? How did you know my number?"  He rose his eyebrows in amuse, "we were neighbors for years." "Oh, right... I forgotten. I even forgot about you." I swore I saw sadness and hurt in his eyes for a second when I said that, but he regained his composure quickly.

"Let's go." He pulled my hand, making me flustered. "Let go! What are you doing?" He ignored my yelling, "is the park still around?" "Yea, why?" "Let's chat." "W-what?! I've nothing to chat with you about." He looked at me coldly, "does Yerim knows about you confessing to me twice and was rejected twice?" Bastard! Jerk! How can he threaten me with it?! Seeing me angry yet gave up in arguing expression, he smirk. "Let's go." I tagged along unwillingly.