Chapter 25~Sweet 16th part 2

“How do I cut the cake,” Venuka asked.

“Oh my god, you are such a noob. You get the knife-.”

“Hey, don’t cut the cake yet! We need to take photos! Set the cake on fire!” Someone suggested.

“Yeah, go set the cake on fire, we can eat the ashes.”

“Does anyone have a lighter?”

“What kind of people you think we are? Smokers?!”

It was truth or dare time.

I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea, but as the bottle narrowly missed me, I stood up.

“I am summoned by stomach. I’m going to start eating – perhaps finishing the pizza. You may join me as well.”

I waited, but no one indicated they were about to leave the dangerous situation. I shrugged my shoulders: more pizza for me.

“Hey come join us! We’re dancing!”

“Oh God. Have you seen me dancing?” I asked.

“No…that’s why I want you to join us yaar.”

“It’ll be fun,” Srija added persistently

And so we decided to celebrate the Navratri festival a bit early. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navratri. It literally means “nine nights” and it is another widely celebrated festival, mainly in the western and northern places of India. It is celebrated late in October. Even though I hated dancing, I secretly love doing it- because you can be as carefree as possible, something that does not really limit you. Whenever I watch Bollywood films I always envy the smoothness, the vitality and the beauty as they wow the audiences- but I guess I don’t have the body for that. –Sigh-

With that, the night ended peacefully and I went home.

“Aish,” Akash was in my bedroom.

Noooo I know what you’re thinking. Tsk tsk, you aren’t as innocent as I thought you would be. I meant he was waiting for me upstairs.

“Hmm…you look pretty in your dress.” He smiled as he opened the door for me.

“Hey, you didn’t have permission to enter my room!”

“Ahhh,  I guess that means I won, right?”

“What no….”

“So what’s my prize?” His eyes twinkled at me. Can he just stop looking good all the time.

I picked up the first thing I saw: a random book lying on the floor. Carefully, I opened the book and grabbed his hand to touch it.

“There you go.” I smiled.

“Uh uh, It’s my birthday soon, I want more.”

“Oh my god, most normal people are like ‘It’s my birthday soon, don’t get me anything’, aur…and then there is you. I want everything.”

He laughed, his perfect white teeth gleaming. “Because I can ask you.”

 I had no idea what to answer to that, so I just pushed him out.

“Seeing you change would be a nice present,” he called as I closed the door.

But not before he saw me turning red again.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

(A/N: I KNOW I KNOW I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGEEEEES.sorry sorry sorry, i guess i've gotten busier and stuff D:  also haven't really been motivated so comments, votes and follows are greatly appreciated :D and so are ideas or just casual inboxes ahah~ this one had no dedicationg but i might later... i have already started a new one cause this was super short keep reading love you all take care :D)