Chapter 18~ Happy Valentine's Day Dream

(A/N: SORRY HAVENT WRITTEN SINCE BEFORE SCHOOL :( IVE BEEN SO BUSY AND YEAH. SO IM GOING TO DO HEAPS THESE HOLIDAYS TO MAKE UP FOR IT >.< HOPE U ENJOY IT, was listening to 'let her go' by passenger and yeah my friend's inspired me to get all emotional today ): hahaha)

It was that time of the year again. Sweet red roses filled the  marketplaces on sale for Indians to buy their girlfriends. Although Valentine’s day was a Western festival that many of the older generations, including my parents, disapproved, no-one could stop us from buying chocolate or teddy bears. In schools some of the desperate boys would ask their friends because being alone on Valentine’s day for them was ‘uncool’. Some would have a contest to see how many girls they could kiss. I don’t know…teenage boys are weird. For my friends, we would celebrate a sort of “Anti-Valentine’s day”, and buy ourselves chocolate. But this year…this year I want to spend it with Akash, I wasn’t sure if he wanted to spend it with me too though.  I had a dream about him, it was those dream you think is actually real until you wake up and realise…it was just a dream. It wasn’t a perfect way to spend the day, but it was a good dream.

We were at a lake, a really pretty water feature.  And there was this rock we were on. Just that- a single lone rock.  Akash was holding my two hands and spinning me around and around, but I was on the edge of the rock.  He spinned me faster and faster and I was slowly getting closer to fall off each time.

“DON’T LET GO!” I screamed to him as he just smiled with his eyes silently.

I closed my eyes, taking in the wind around me. I was only wearing a singlet and a skirt but I wasn’t cold. The clouds loomed above me, but I took no notice. My grip suddenly loosened and I could feel myself falling into the lake. I was going to get all wet. Urgh, stuff you Akash, I thought. My legs brushed Akash’s arms. Somehow he had caught me. True it was not a perfect Bollywood catch as I was in an awkward position and my skirt had risen above my mid-thighs but I didn’t care. He caught me.

A wave crashed onto us, drenching our clothes. Did it have to be so romantic? Did it have to start gently raining? I half realised than that this was a dream, but I wasn’t sure…it felt so real.

Before I went to school I told Akash of the dream. And you know what? Instead of going school, we wagged and made my dream come true. Perfect Valentine’s day.

Based on a true story.