|05|

T H E  P A S T.

I haven't seen Mia lately. I guess she's been too busy with her boyfriend to worry about me. But, whatever.

I went into my bathroom where I last had my meds and took a few pills just like I been doing.. Enough to ease the pain, not enough to overdose. Not seeing Mia everyday has been painful and especially knowing where she's at. It was killing me on the inside.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was pale. I looked like I wasn't taking good care of myself. I had to get myself together.

I turned on the shower and prepared to get in but the phone rang. I went over to get it and I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey Pat, it's Mia.."

"Hey, long time no talk what's up?"

"A lot actually. I want to see you." She said and I felt like something was wrong.

"Well, I want to see you as well." I told her. "Name it."

"Olive Garden. 7."

"I'll see you then gorgeous." I hung up the phone and walked back into my bathroom to get in the shower. I was feeling so much better now that she called. It lifted my spirits up high. And then that she jumped straight to the point saying that she wanted to see me, made me feel even better.

What should I wear? What would she wear? But most importantly, what was wrong? She seemed kinda.. Nervous on the phone. Like she was scared. I just had to know why! Oh no-- Let me find out that asshole was beating her!! I would most definitely kill his ass. Without hesitation. No one messes with my girl, my baby, my love.

I got angry just thinking about it.

I got out , wrapped a towel around me and played with my hair a little. Once I had it how I wanted it, I went into my bed room to find something to wear for tonight. After that I went back into the bathroom to take more pills. I wanted them to make me feel numb to the feelings that I was feeling right now.

*********

I spaced out for the rest of the day. When I came to myself, it was 6:59. "Dammit!" It would take me twenty minutes to get to Olive Garden but getting ready, maybe ten.

I got up and threw my clothes on and my shoes, I tied them up, sprayed on some cologne and did some more hygiening before leaving out with my wallet and keys. I took the stairs instead of the elevator this time, running out to my car and getting inside. I took off for Olive Garden. I looked at the time, 7:30. She was going to think I was standing her up again. I sped all the way there and I made it in ten minutes, instead of twenty.

I parked and got out, looking around for Mia's car and I spotted it and her getting inside of it. I dashed over to her and grabbed her arm causing her to turn around and slap me. I grabbed my face in surprise that she done that and turned back to face her as she noticed it was me. "Patrick?! Patrick!!" She begin to hit me with her purse. "You fucking stood me up! I'm not out here to get played, Patrick!"

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. I'm sorry I was running late!"

"You could've called! You had me inside waiting on you looking like a dumb ass!"

"Like I've been looking this whole time fucking with you when you have a man." I whispered.

"What?!" She asked. "That's not the subject."