|02|

T H E P A S T.

"Ew, Patrick! Why are you soooo ugly!" Mia said as she pointed at me and then covered her face. "I don't even want to look at your face!" All the other second graders laughed at me, as Mia put me to shame. I ran off of the playground in tears that day.

I was ashamed. And I never spoke to Mia Dexter again... Until the bitch called me crazy.

And I'm not crazy.

See, Mia was my crush. That was the girl I loved and why did the girl I love, think that I was hideous? Well, second-graders don't know any better and I was so in love with her, that I was determined to make her love me. Whatever it would take, I would do.

"You're crazy Patrick." This was still second grade. "I could never love you!"
And this is when I had my first break down.

"You will love me!! You will love me!!" I screamed to the top of my lungs, scaring everyone. I began to pull at my hair and spaz out in the hallway as people crowded around me to watch.

"Patrick! Stop, you're scaring me!" Mia screamed at me.

"Love me!! Love me!" I said while attacking her. She screamed in tears. The principal came to get me off of her and called my parents to tell them what happened.

I went to a therapist...

I went to a psychologist...

I went to a psychiatrist...

And neither one of them knew my problem and since they didn't, I was checked into a mental facility and left there until I escaped.

I was determined to find the love of my life, Mia Dexter.

***************************

Once I turned 21, I had mastered Mia's whereabouts. She was now a CNA down at the local hospital and I was going down there to be seen for having a mild cold. A cold that I gave to myself. I waited in the waiting room for someone to call my name.

"Patrick Breeding"

I got up and followed the lady in scrubs to an empty room.

"What's the problem today?" She asked while looking over her overly sized glasses.

"I have a slight cold." I told her while coughing.

"Sounds bad... I'll get a nurse in here to check you out."

"Is it possible to get Mia Dexter in here?"

"She's a nurse assistant... Not a nurse."

"I still want her here. Just tell her." I said while getting aggravated.

"Oh.......Kay then." She looked at me like I was freaking her out and then she walked out. I only hoped she did what I asked. I would hate for things to get ugly around here.

There was a knock at the door.

I smiled.

Then it opened.

"Hello, Mr. Breeding I am Mia Dexter." She said all of this while coming in, closing the door and not looking at me. "I'll be your nurse for today." That's when she seen me. Her eyes lit up. "Oh my, you're gorgeous.... I mean."

And her. Well, she still looked like the love of my life. Beautiful.

"It's okay, I get it all the time." I chuckled while lying.