Twenty Four.

Demi's new master suite felt like something out of a dream. It was much better than the one at Nick's house, that was for sure. But now that she was lying awake and taking in all of the luxurious furs and purples and golds in the moonlight that was cast into the room from the floor to ceiling windows on the east wall, it felt like a bit too much for her. The ceiling was ridiculously high. There were two golden pillars by her bed that were more for decoration than actual support. With every movement the 1.2 million dollar crystal chandelier that hung in the center of the ceiling twinkled. And even though she had the softest mattress in the entire world that just embraced her when she sunk into it, she still couldn't sleep. There was just way too much on her mind.

Demi had a Twitter but she never actually tweeted. She had hired someone to do that for her and rarely used the app that she had deemed pointless but for some reason she has found herself going through her mentions and searching her name and seeing all of the awful things that people were saying about her. Why did they care so much? Why did it matter? Why was it any of their business what was going on in her life? She'd never really been in the press for something bad. It was always good. But now her name was being slandered because her ex mother-in-law was on a mission to destroy her to protect her family. But did Denise even realize that if she had just kept her mouth shut then they would both be fine?

"You know I can literally hear you thinking. And it's four in the morning. The sun is gonna come up in like three hours and you haven't even gone to sleep yet." Oh yeah, Wilmer had slept over. He had started to do that more often, and since she had an extra room downstairs, Isabella had too. Demi still didn't feel like things were moving too fast though. They had already had sex, there was nothing wrong with sharing a bed. Usually with Wilmer she went right to sleep - it was something about the way his arms wrapped around her just right - but tonight, she just couldn't and had told him to go to sleep without her.

When he realized that she hadn't responded, he  rolled onto his side and looked over at her. "You wanna talk about it?"

Demi looked over at him and shook her head. She was still firm in her decision to not get Wilmer involved in her problems. She could handle herself. She always had been able to and that wasn't going to change.

"You wanna go downstairs and have some tea?" He asked but she shook her head again. She really liked the way his voice sounded when he just woke up. It made his accent even sexier than it already was. She wasn't sure if she had told him that before though.

"I'm good here," she replied in a small voice. Wilmer sighed before he propped himself up so that he could kiss her, and then she cupped his face in her hands, feeling his rough stubble underneath her palms as she deepened the kiss, or at least tried to. She sighed into his mouth before pulling away but allowing him to wrap his arms around her, resting her head on his chest. And she tried to forget about everything that was going on, she really did, but she still couldn't fall asleep.

"Cathy?" For lunch, Demi was expecting Wilmer, not her pushy publicist. But Cathy walked into her office with her red hair in a loose bun and one of her outfits from last year's collections. She was glad that her clothes were timeless but the least that she could do was wear something from the newest summer collection instead of last year's. Demi tried not to dwell on it though. She just wanted to know why she was here.

"Don't act so surprised, Demi. I got your text last night and I just knew you'd rethink your decision," Cathy said as Demi furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't text Cathy last night. They had a no technology rule at dinner and afterwards she had a been a bit too busy with Wilmer to even check her phone.

"I didn't send you a text and I haven't rethought my decision. I don't know why you're here but-"

"Hey!" Wilmer entered her office with their lunch - take out from a Chinese place by his house that he claimed was just to die for - and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. He needed to shave. She kept forgetting to tell him that.