Four.

There was a rug that covered the imported wood floors in the two story library that Demi often found herself in. Nick had taken her on a trip to Persia a few years ago while they were still in the honeymoon phase of their marriage. While they were there, a friend of Nick's dad had given them the fifth most expensive rug in the entire world valued at somewhere around $80,000 and Demi had been so amused by the idea of it that they took it back to their hotel and made love on it all night long. And when they returned from the trip, they discovered that she was pregnant. Now here she was, years later, pacing barefoot on a rug that was worth more than what the average American made in a year, wine spilling over the rim of her glass as she tried to erase tonight's fiasco from her mind. She seemed to have a general understanding with Wilmer about what he had seen tonight going into the documentary but it still bothered her that he had witnessed that, that his daughter and his crew had witnessed her shame and humiliation as her husband dragged another woman into their house as if it wasn't a big deal, as if she was stupid and didn't know what was going on.

"Demi...are you coming to bed?" Speaking of her beloved husband, he stood in the doorway of the library in a pair of silk pajama pants and a matching top. Nick refused to dress down for anything - even if he was just going to sleep.

"I'm not tired," she replied with a furrow of her eyebrow because she was tired and she really should go to sleep because of all the meetings that she had to go to tomorrow but her mind wouldn't rest and the thought of climbing into bed with Nick made her skin crawl.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about tonight." He began to shuffle towards her as she took another impolite sip of her wine. She had been to enough tasting parties that she knew that you weren't just supposed to gulp it down but savor it and swish it around your mouth and even spit it back into the cup, which was totally disgusting, but at the moment she didn't care. She wanted to feel woozy and she wanted her limbs to go weak and her tongue to feel heavy and her mind to feel cloudy because that was the only way she would be able to even remotely relax.

"Demi, I said I was sorry."

"Because that makes everything better right?" When Nick said sorry, he never meant it. He always apologized to her because he knew that he needed her; not in the, I'll-die-without-you type of way but in the, you-look-good-on-my-arm-and-my-entire-empire-would-fall-apart-without-you type of way.

"I don't know what else you want me to do or say. You're always holding some type of grudge about something and I honestly don't even know why," he hissed, stuffing his hands into his pockets as Demi released something between a snort and a scoff before moving around him as she finished the last of her wine.

"The twins don't have to go to daycare tomorrow. You should spend the day with them. They really missed you," and with that, she exited her library, leaving her husband to stand on that rug all alone.

The next morning, Wilmer was up and making breakfast for him and Isabella before she had to go off to school. It was tradition that no matter how busy or tired they were, they had to have breakfast with each other every morning. It was a promise he made to her after he broke up with one of his girlfriends who had taken up all of his time.

"Morning princesa," Wilmer greeted as Isabella trudged into the kitchen and sat at the wood island. She rested her head on the counter and Wilmer set her plate down in front of her as he kissed the top of her head. She was definitely his child in the sense that she wasn't a morning person, but with his job and her going to school, they both just had to deal with it.

"Can I take a sick day?" She whined, poking her eggs with the green peppers in it - her absolute favorite - with her fork as Wilmer chuckled but shook his head. For as much as he was paying, Isabella wasn't allowed to miss school unless she was dying.