Twenty Three.

The woman at the daycare looked nice enough. But the other woman who owned the daycare that fed her children peanuts - that was currently undergoing several serious investigations, courtesy of Demi's team of ruthless lawyers - looked nice too. This woman had hair the color of leaves that first grow on the trees during fall. It was shiny and pin straight and the way that her hair was parted made her look like Bree from "Desperate Housewives." She also had cerulean blue eyes that matched the color of her cardigan. She looked friendly enough but Demi knew that looks were deceiving.

"Hello, welcome to Rainbow Childcare Center, you must be Demetria Lovato?" She reached forward to shake Demi's hand and giving her the benefit of the doubt, Demi returned the favor.

"And these are your twins, Nicholas and Nolie?" She said, looking down at her two children. Nicholas hid behind her leg but Nolie replied with an enthusiastic 'hi.'

"I just wanted to see how they liked it here. I'm only going to have them come for half a day today and if everything went well, I'll bring them back tomorrow. Is that okay?" Demi questioned, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear with her free hand. Despite Wilmer's attempts to calm her down this morning as she got the kids ready for the day, she just couldn't be calm about this whole daycare thing. The whole peanut incident with Nicholas was permanently scarred in her mind and she would never forget it. How was she supposed to push that aside and trust another daycare to take care of her children?

"That's completely fine. And if there's any problems during the day, we'll call you immediately and let you know. The kids go down for nap time at 12:30 so you can come and pick them up and then we'll discuss where to go from there, okay?" Demi still didn't know her name - it was something that started with an S - but she nodded anyways and turned away from her to kneel down in front of her kids. They really were her entire world. Wilmer assured her that they weren't the only people that she had left but even with Wilmer and Isabella around, it still sometimes felt like it.

"I have to go to work now but I'll come pick you up right after lunch. And then you guys can tell me all about your day and we'll decide if this is something that we want to do, okay?" Demi stated, looking both of them in their eyes to make sure that they understood her.

"Okay mommy. Me and Nicholas are big kids. We'll be okay," Nolie tried to reassure her, and Demi couldn't help but to smile at her effort.

"Look out for each other, okay? I love you guys. Give me kisses and cuddles." They both kissed her cheeks before wrapping their arms around her. She squeezed both of them tightly before letting them run into their classroom while she went to go fill out their paperwork. When she got to the section labeled 'allergies' she switched to a red ink pen, wrote 'peanuts' in capital letters, and then circled it five times.

Ever since the divorce, the paparazzi had been hounding her like never before. Yeah, it used to be bad but never on this level. They never used to scream and yell at her like she was some animal on display at a zoo. They used to give her personal space and she used to be able to walk into her building without Max but now she couldn't even get out of her car without him. They used to be so nice to her but now they screamed things at her that she would rather not think about. The whole experience was more than irritating and she just wished it would all go away. But she was Demetria Lovato, 1/2 of the newly divorced infamous couple that all of New York had been rooting for. She wasn't gonna get a break anytime soon.

"Demetria Lovato sleeps her way to the top! Nicholas Jonas and Demetria Lovato split: kids aren't really his. Mother tells all! Demetria the whore! Where's your scarlet A, Demetria?" After each headline her publicist slammed down one of those cheap tabloids that were sold on street corner stands for a few bucks. Every tabloid had a picture of her on the cover with some sleazy headline that she could already tell was not true. But the one that did catch her eye was "mother tells all." She could only guess who the mother was.