Thirteen.

The first two days in Milan had been spent with Demi doing photoshoots and interviews and visiting all of the designer stores with her camera crew filming every moment. What had been said on the plane was never brought up again and she didn't even mention what had happened with Christopher at the party again. It was like it never even happened, like her coping method was to talk about something once then never let it leave her lips again. He didn't know how she coped like that. It must've been a frustrating way to handle every bad or difficult thing that happened in her life. Wilmer just wanted her to know that she could talk to him about anything because he really did just want to be her friend and be there for her, but Demi seemed just as closed off as she had been when they first met.

"Yes, I will be there at nine to pick you up. Do you know what terminal you'll be at?" They were on their way back to the hotel and with the twins napping and Isabella taking pictures of everything that she saw, Demi was on the phone with Nick since he was flying in tonight to spend the rest of the week with his family.

"If you want to catch dinner we can but that'll be a little late to eat. Plus we have that dinner with..." she stopped talking so Nick must've interrupted her.

"You're bringing your family? Nick, it was supposed to just be me, you, and the twins," Demi replied, her lips dropping down into a frown.

"Okay...I'll see you when you get here." And with that, Demi hung up the phone and sunk down into her seat. She still never revealed why his family bothered her so much and Wilmer didn't want to just straight out ask her because it was really none of his business. They did seem like they were hard to get along with though, just from the few times that he had been around them.

They pulled into the hotel and Isabella grabbed Nolie out of the car while Demi carried Nicholas. It was around dinner time but from the exhausted looks on everyone's faces, food was the last thing on anyone's mind. They would probably all grab separate things whenever they felt like it and just retire to their rooms for the rest of the night.

Wilmer's room was next to Demi but after dropping the kids off, she had to go back down to the lobby to get extra rooms for Nick's family, even if she didn't feel like it. Even if she wanted to tell them to pay for their own damn rooms because they had their own damn money and she wasn't an ATM. Even though they were imposing on what was supposed to be their little family vacation. But she didn't say anything and she never did.

Wilmer was going back downstairs to get something to eat when he noticed Demi at the front desk with her head in her hands and an aggravated look on her face. It was the same look that she had been sporting when she had went off on her staff about the first run through of her show. He knew the last thing that she wanted to do was cause a scene so he made his way over there and tapped her on the shoulder.

The cloud of irritation that had been floating over her head nearly disappeared as she whipped around and saw Wilmer in front of her. She didn't know why and she wasn't about to dwell on why he could suddenly put her in a better mood. She simply accepted it and moved on.

"You wanna go somewhere while everyone else is sleeping? We could get some food and then just...I don't know, explore a little bit?" He suggested with a quirk of his lips, and Demi tilted her head a little bit as if she was trying to make the most important decision of her life.

"Yeah, I think I need a bit of a breather," she responded with a hint of a smile. She grabbed her black card off of the desk and told the receptionist that he better have two extra suites available by the time she came back before Wilmer was grabbing her hand and leading her out of the hotel. Instead of going towards the shiny black town car that was waiting at her beck and call, he went the opposite way and held his hand up for a cab.