Fifteen.

Their week in Milan was over and now they were checking into their hotel in Paris - some fancy French titled building that Wilmer had taken a million pictures of - and Demi was still barely talking to him. It was more than just a little annoying. He was downright irritated. He couldn't even focus on what he was really supposed to be doing, capturing the life and essence of the alluring Demetria Lovato, because he was so frustrated with her not talking to him. And to make things worse, her and Nick had actually started to act like a married couple. He didn't know if it was because the paparazzi in France were insane or if they just had some deep ass moment, but he could care less. How could she just not address any of her problems? How had she not realized that ignoring the problem wasn't gonna make it go away?

Wilmer knew he would eventually have to forget about it. But he didn't want to. Even if it was a small kiss and even if it didn't mean anything to her, it meant something to him. He had been on a few dates throughout the years but none of the women that he had briefly dated had excited him like Demi, had made him want to try a relationship again because just maybe it would be worth it. But she was married and she had two kids and she wasn't talking to him, and in reality, it would never work out.

The last time that they had talked had been on their last day in Milan when Wilmer told her that it was okay to give Isabella Rosalie's contact information. Even after the way Rosalie had treated her, Isabella still wanted to talk to her and find out why she had left them. And Wilmer wasn't going to stop her. She was fourteen years old and she was capable of making her own decisions and learning from them. He would just have to be there to dry her tears when she realized what a truly awful woman that Rosalie was.

"Here's your key. I already gave Isabella hers," Demi's sweet voice snapped Wilmer out of his thoughts and he absentmindedly took the key away from her. She was confused when he didn't even spare her a glance but shook it off. She hadn't exactly been the nicest to him in the past few days.

Everyone headed upstairs to their rooms. Wilmer and his crew were all on the same floor while Demi was on the top floor with Nick and the kids. Since Nick was staying for the rest of the trip, Demi had sent Dorinda home with the rest of Nick's family.

Things with her and Nick had actually been going well. It was weird. Even with him constantly cheating on her and all of the problems that they had, they had been pretty civil to each other for the past few days. Even slightly affectionate. The change was mostly on Nick's part. No matter how much she pushed him away or flinched when he touched her, he kept trying and even though it irritated a part of her, the part of her that wanted her marriage to work was happy and tried as hard as she could to go along with it. Maybe if she put all of her energy into her marriage she would really be able to forget about what happened with Wilmer in that park.

She knew that Wilmer was probably annoyed and frustrated with her because it seemed like she was just trying to sweep whatever had happened between them underneath the rug but he just couldn't understand. She was married. And even though Nick cheated on her, a divorce never looked good for anyone. She had children to think about and she actually did love Nick. But the most aggravating thing was that no matter how much she tried to focus on Nick and her kids, all she could think about was kissing Wilmer on that bridge and how much she wished that their moment had never ended.

"Doll, we just checked in. What are you getting ready for?" Nick questioned as he noticed Demi switching out of her "travel outfit." It was a pair of jeans with a floral bomber jacket, not something that she usually wore. But she looked good in it and he didn't understand why she was changing.

"I have a meeting at the studio, and then a run through later on. Do you wanna catch dinner later on with the twins or something?" Demi asked as she took the ponytail out of her hair and shook it out. She loved her short hair so much because it was low maintenance.