Nine.

In 1981 Dom Pérignon was chosen as the official Champagne for the wedding of Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles, however Dom Pérignon Vintage 1961, the year that Diana was born, was served at the wedding and now bottles of the limited vintage champagne sold for about $4.3k. Maybe it was because she had just accomplished a huge feat and Nick actually wanted to do something special to celebrate her or maybe it was because Wilmer was filming them and Nick wanted to flaunt his money for the camera, but either way Nick had gotten his hands on one of those limited bottles for him and Demi to share after her show at Fashion Week finished. It had been a success with no huge mistakes and now they were just waiting for the reviews and the articles to start appearing before they moved on to prepare for the next show.

"I'm so proud of you baby," Nick cooed into her ear as Max popped the bottle open for them and the fizzy champagne spilled out all over his hands but that didn't stop him from pouring a glass for both of them and passing it to them as her employees milled about in the studio, trying to give them their space because witnessing moments like these between Nick and Demi were few and far between.

"I know things haven't been the best and we've made mistakes but at the end of the day you're my wife and I am so proud of everything that you have accomplished. It's been an honor witnessing you make your dreams come true," Nick said, and staring into his eyes made her believe that he was being sincere, but Nick had always been a good actor. He had arrived right as the show had started because after getting picked up from the hospital he had gone home to rest with the twins. But he had promised her that he was gonna be there and he showed up. He kept his promise...for once.

"Thank you," she choked out with a surprised smile on her face before their glasses clicked together and they both took polite sips of the expensive champagne. To Demi, it tasted the same as any other champagne but she wouldn't say that to Nick. If she did then he would joke about it with his parents and they would start taking jabs at her for not growing up on overpriced champagne.

"Are you going to any of the after parties?" Nick had his arm wrapped around her waist to keep her close and it almost felt good and she almost sunk into his arms but she didn't.

"No, I'd rather just spend the evening with you and the twins," she replied, finishing off her champagne and setting the flute down on the table. Nick began to go on about something that had to do with image and his company but her eyes floated across the room and landed on Wilmer who was whispering something to the man holding the camera and filming everyone in the midst of their celebration. He briefly looked up and stared at her and her eyes didn't move away because they never did when he caught her just looking. But eventually he looked away and she decided to tune back in to whatever Nick was going on about.

"I have to grab some things from my office but then I'm gonna head home with the twins," Nick stated as Demi nodded. He unwound his arm from around her and began to walk away but she tugged him back.

"Thank you for coming and supporting me tonight. I love you," she breathed out, not remembering the last time that she had said those words to him. But she meant it. Their marriage was rocky and things weren't that good between them but his support had always meant the world to her and when she had pictured this moment, her first show in New York Fashion Week, she pictured it with him at her side. And he was there.

"Anytime doll." He pressed a kiss to her lips and it was brief and the sparks weren't there, but afterwards he sent her his charming smile before he was gone and she felt her face fall because it would've been nice if he could've stayed a little longer and really celebrated with her. But she let it go and went to mingle with her staff.

Wilmer had sent Isabella home a while ago because he didn't know how long the festivities would be going on and she didn't need to be there with everyone drinking and stuff. She was disappointed but she sucked it up because she was reminded that she would get to see the Michael Kors show and tons of others that she loved but couldn't afford.