Six.

The distinct sound of a phone ringing echoed throughout the top floor of the nearly empty Devonne studios, but Wilmer ignored it and continued to pack up his things. There was still a few employees milling about and trying to finish last minute assignments so that they could go home and he figured one of them would answer it. And somebody did. But then the phone was slammed back down two seconds later and he heard a loud sigh being released before it was quiet again.

He closed his pleather bag and slung it over his shoulder as he walked to where he thought the sound had come from. There was light spilling out from underneath the door that led to the receptionist area before Demi's office so he opened it and walked in, past the koi pond and Marissa's desk and straight to Demi's office. He was surprised to see that she was still there.

"It's almost midnight...what are you doing here?" Wilmer questioned, taking her by surprise as she lifted her head up and squinted at him despite the square frame glasses that was covering her eyes. She wore glasses. That was something he would've never guessed about her.

"I could ask you the same question," she responded before becoming occupied with the papers on her desk. When she had first arrived at the office, her hair had been in bouncy waves and she had smiled at all of her employees before dishing out the day's assignments but now her hair was flat and it fell against her face in an unflattering way as she shifted through whatever was on her desk.

"I was just getting some extra shots. Why are you here?"

"I uh, I just had some things I needed to finish," she breathed out before pushing her chair back and attempting to stand up, but she only fell back into her chair with a huff causing Wilmer to rush to her side to help her.

"Hey, have you eaten today?" He was concerned now because she was more pale than ever before and the way her eyes seemed to just be rolling around in her eyelids made him believe that she would faint any minute now.

"Demi, look, we're gonna go get a bite to eat okay?"

"I don't eat this late," she mumbled as she held her head with one hand and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Well too bad because you need to. I'm not sending you home like this." Wilmer had only interacted with Nick once but he was pretty sure that he wasn't the type to dote on his sick wife, even if he should.

"Come on." He grabbed her trench coat off of the hanger - today's coat was a light purple color that brought out her eyes - and helped her into it before standing her up and wrapping his arms around her as they exited her office. He made sure that he had his bag and her bag before closing the door and making their way to the elevator.

"Wilmer, really, you can take me home," she muttered, her head gently falling against his shoulder and her eyes closing as the elevator descended to the ground floor. Wilmer ignored her request and just held onto her because she wasn't going home until she had some food in her system and he made sure that she was alright.

They made their way through the lobby and outside only to discover that it was slightly raining. It wasn't anything too bad but if you stood out in the rain for ten minutes then you would be drenched. Her chauffeur already had her car out in front, this time it was a town car, and he helped Wilmer put her in there and made sure both of them were safely inside before pulling off.

"Can you take us to whatever restaurant you know of that's open? Nothing too expensive and something that'll fill her up," Wilmer requested and the driver just nodded before focusing back on the road. Wilmer however looked down at Demi who still had her head on his shoulder.

There was something about her laying on him half asleep, in a trench coat that he probably wouldn't see her wear again, with her eyelashes fanning over her blush colored cheeks and her chest rising and falling as she drifted in and out of consciousness that made his palms sweaty and the rate of his heart speed up, but he tried to calm himself down because he didn't want her to notice. But she just looked so pure, so innocent, so angelic. It was like everything that was good and holy in the world was harvested inside of her and you could only see that when she was asleep.