Epilogue

In June, One Direction announced a hiatus -they had been touring and making albums for over six years straight. The guys wanted time to spend with family and attempt to find a normal. So, at the end of August, they would take a year off. Fans didn't react well at first, but eventually showed immeasurable support.

I had gone back to work when Evie was around 3 months old, but I was able to take her with me, so it wasn't too difficult. Since it was August, the boys were about to start school again- they had enjoyed most of the summer with Alexander; and even came with Evelyn and me to tour with One Direction for a few weeks.

Out of everyone, I was most looking forward to the break - well, maybe Harry more so. He couldn't wait to spend time with Evelyn. She adored him and would hardly let me hold her when daddy was around. Harry was a great father, stepfather, and husband. We were so lucky to have him.

In late July, Alexander and Gigi were engaged. My mom and sister came to visit Evie around that time. Anne had visited us while we were in Europe over the summer; Gemma often visited NYC for work, so she stayed in our guest room - but they all had flown to NYC a week before Evie's first birthday party.

Three days before her birthday, Harry flew home to be with us. Lennon and Bas loved being big brothers and were very excited for their sister's bounce house party. She wasn't walking, but crawled to follow her big brothers around. I really enjoyed watching them interact.

We had hired a petting zoo, Bindi Irwin brought some animals, and of course, the bounce houses were the big hit. Eleanor had surprised me by coming into town. Molly had since moved to New Jersey and was in the city almost every other weekend, so she attended the party as well.

Uncles Niall, Liam, Louis, and Zayn each brought amazing gifts for Evelyn. Our daughter was truly surrounded by love. During the party, I sat back and looked around. My life had changed so much in less than two years, but I felt happy for the first time in a very long time. Everything seemed to be where it was supposed to be. I smiled as I watched Niall try to teach Evie how to play the custom baby sized acoustic guitar he got her. Tears of joy filled my eyes as I watched Lennon and Bas run to grab their sister and jump with her in the bounce house.

"What are you crying for, love?" Harry kissed my cheek before sitting next to me.

"This is so great. All of it. You are amazing. Life is wonderful. I want another baby," I added.

I tilted my head to watch his reaction. He just smiled and simply said, "me too."

_______

For our one year wedding anniversary in November, Harry booked a private yacht for a month long adventure with friends and family. One Friday evening, he and I had a romantic date night on the balcony of our suite. After drinking some delicious champagne and having a wonderful conversation, we decided we wanted to try for another baby. To increase the odds, the weekend was spent alone in our room making love. In reality, the time rekindled our romance, passion, and reminded us of why we were together.

______

Our Thanksgiving dinner on the boat was incredible and we only had a few days left before returning to New York. At our stop in Nassau, Harry chartered a party bus while Manuela stayed behind to watch Evie. As tourists, we visited several landmarks and tried several types of local food.

_____

On our way home, Anne and Robin, Jack and Rayne, Gemma and Matt as well as Louis and Eleanor enjoyed a nice relaxing day at the spa for a couples' retreat. My heart was so happy to see El and Louis together once again.

Once we had docked, Harry and I along with the kids, hid behind a group of security guards to get through customs. Unfortunately, Paparazzi was everywhere; our families and friends were practically being harassed, so the police were called to escort us home.

_______

Just three weeks later, I asked Manuela to grab a few pregnancy tests at the market. When she returned, I ran to the bathroom to pee on the tiny sticks. Harry was at meetings for his clothing line all day, the boys were at school, and Evie was toddling around the playroom with Manuela keeping an eye on her.

I set the timer on my phone as I lined up the 3 testing sticks on the counter. My heart rate increased as I scrolled through Twitter and Instagram to try and keep myself busy. Two minutes felt like an eternity as I waited.

When the alarm rang, I jumped up to look.

Negative. Negative. Positive. Wait....?

I grabbed and read the instructions to all three tests. They all agreed that it was very rare for a false positive.

"Fine! I will take one more," I growled to myself.

Another two minutes of eternity and a very faint second line appeared in the window of the test - I screamed excitedly.

I unlocked my phone, pressed Harry's picture and waited patiently as it rang. I knew the chances were slim that he would answer, but I couldn't wait to tell him.

"Hello, love," he whispered.

"Harry! We are going to have another baby!" I shrieked into the phone.

"What? No way! That's wonderful news! Hey guys, I'm going to be a dad again," he announced to the roomful of people. I heard cheers erupt.

"Hey! You're supposed to wait to tell people," I teased him.

"Oh right! Lads, you can't tell anyone, alright?" He made them promise. I heard murmurs in the background.

"Thank you, babe. According to my pregnancy app, this baby will be due in mid-July," I said hesitantly.

"Well, no matter where I am, I will be home for his or her arrival, I swear it," he whispered.

"I love you," I whispered.

"Love you more. Give Evie a kiss for me. So excited, love," he said.

"Talk soon?"

"Yes," and he ended the call.

_____________________________

AN: Can you believe it's over??? Thank you again for all your support.

My final thoughts: I absolutely adore how strong Harry and Sophie's relationship became: a great love. I will miss the characters, but hope you enjoyed standing behind them in their journey. I'm always appreciative of comments and messages - I try to respond as soon as I can.

Please share, vote, comment! Thank you for reading.