This Is Ashton

Okay focus, you can do this, you know what to do, I whispered to myself. Just focus. Mali told you this 10 times. You know this. I just sat there staring at my paper. I really didn't want to do this.

I handed in my test and walked out of the classroom. Luckily it was the last lesson so I just got my books and started to head for the gate so I could walk home, “Jess” I turned my head to see Calum walking next to me,

"Hey Calum" I smiled back to him,

"Hey, you had your test today didn't you?" he asked

"Yeah, finished it just then"

"How do you think you went?"

"I'm not going to get my hopes up" I say laughing.

We continue talking while walking to the gate "I've got to go, I'll see you around," I start to walk away when Calum stops me

"Jess. Wait, are we still on for Friday?" I started to giggle a bit because he had only asked me last night

"Yeah" I say nodding my head,

 "Okay good, I'll see you then"

"Bye," and with that I start walking home.

----

"MUM! I'm home" I yelled as I walked through the front door.

"Hey sweetie, how did the test go?" she asked as I walked into the lounge room where she was.

"Yeah it was alright, I think I passed" I said taking a seat on the couch. When I said that my older sister walked through the door.

 "Hey Sarah" I said as she sat next to me,

"Hi" Sarah was 24, she moved out about 5 years ago. I also had an older brother but he moved to Melbourne to study so we don't see him that often, but we still talk a lot. I walked out of the room to start my homework leaving mum and Sarah to talk. Sarah and I haven't always been really close; I don't know if it was the age gap, but my older brother, Ben, and I have always been closer, he's only 19.

I walked up to my bedroom and started to do my homework/ I had just finished my maths and was about to start my English when I hear yelling from downstairs "THIS IS A GREAT OPPUNITY FOR HER!"

"I DON'T CARE SHE ISN'T MOVIING!" Sarah and mum never really got on well, that why she moved out an early age.

30 minutes later I still couldn't concentrate because of the yelling, that was just getting worse and worse. I had a headache starting, I felt like if I didn’t leave soon when I was going to explode, my whole body starting to shake, I did the only thing I could think of doing at the time, escape. I grabbed my phone, my headphones, and keys and walked out the door.

I didn't know where I was going I just walked. I saw this park across the road and I walked over and sat on one of the benches. The arguing hasn't happened for a while so it was strange having people yelling again. I didn’t like it; I didn’t like it at all. Who would? The fighting was too much when I was younger, it’s like the smallest of fights set me off. I just want to scream, cry, escape. At the time I want someone to old me back, calm me down, tell me everything is going to be okay. I need someone to hold me back while I scream, trying to escape, but they won’t let me. That’s what I need.

I just sat there, in the park, playing with my thumbs.

 "Jess," I looked up and saw Luke with another guy walking towards me. "Hey" I said trying to sound happy but I guess I failed when Luke asked "are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit stresses out"

"Studying hard for science I see" he says laughing, taking a seat

"Yeah" I laugh along with him

"This is Ashton by the way, Ashton this is jess" Luke says introducing us.

 "Hi" I say

"Hey, is this the jess Calum's talking about?" Ashton asked Luke. Luke just smiled and nodded his head. Calum talks about me? I think... I know that my cheeks were burning up.

The whole time we were talking I couldn’t help but think, does Calum really talk about me? I mean, surely it’s been what? 3 days. But still, it feels good to be wanted.

Luke, Ashton and I stayed there talking until my mum called asking where I was, "I go up to your room and find you missing. WHERE ARE YOU?"

 "Mum, I'm just out with some friends" I say trying to calm her down.

"COME HOME NOW!" and with that she hands up.

"Sorry guy's I've got go now." I say, getting up from my seat,

"Do you want us to walk you home?" Luke asked me getting up

"No, their okay, I just live around the corner" I lied

 "Are you sure?" Ashtons asked me this time. I nodded my head, said good-bye and started to walk home.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I  accidentlydeleted this part... so it might not be the same

sorry its been awhile... and its short... i'll try and have the next chapter up by the end of the week