A Fairytale Night*

I got changed into the dress that was on the bed, it was white and had a flower at the top right hand side, it was short and flowly at the bottom, it looked amazing. Once I was changed I went back outside to find Luke this time, “Calum can be really stupid sometimes” he laughed once he realised I was standing there, “what do you…Oh you caught him?” I asked, remembering that Calum wasn’t supposed to be with me, “yep, he shouldn’t go though the main door, silly boy” he laughed, “you look amazing by the way” he smiled, “thanks, what’s going on now?” I asked, “Follow me” we went to the elevator and went to the top floor. “Now you are going to regret wearing those shoes” Luke laughed, “how much walking are we doing?” I asked, “we are climbing stairs” he smiled, “oh no” I complained, “come on” he said stepping out of the elevator, we went through this door where there were flights of stairs, “off you go, straight to the top” he laughed, “why is everyone leaving?” I laughed starting to walk up the stairs by myself.

3 flights of stairs later I reached the top and opened up the door, Calum was standing there in a tux, in fount of a candle lit dinner, “happy birthday beautiful” he said coming up to me and kissing me softly. “You did all of this?” I asked him, he just nodded his head smiling, “WITH HELP OFCORSE!” Ashton shouted, “Where did that come from?” I asked turning around but all I could see was Calum,
“DUDE!” Calum shouted back, I just stood there laughing. I walked over to the edge of the building, “hey hey” Calum said coming up behind me pulling me by the waist, “Calum I’m fine, there’s some railing” I laughed. “still” he whispered into my shoulder, “it’s beautiful” I whispered, “yeah the views okay, but the view I have is even better” he said looking at me, I blushed and turned around so I was facing him, “I still can’t believe you did all of this, what did I do to deserve such a perfect  boyfriend?” I asked, “what did  I do to deserve such an amazing, gorgeous, perfect girlfriend?” he said right before kissing me, but we were quickly interrupted by Luke, “the first course is served” he said bringing out our first meal, “come on” Calum said taking my hand, leading me to the table.

We sat and talked while eating our dinner, with each of the boys taking turns to bring out the next meal, once Michael took away our desert, Calum stood up and walked over to some speakers, he plugged in his phone and started play fall for you by Secondhand Serenade. “Come on” he said taking my hand, we stood up and started dancing the song. It was nice, only the light of the city and the candles on the roof, I could only hear the song playing and the cars going though the city.

Once the song was over, Calum let go of me “hang on a second” he whispered kissing my forehead. He walked up to a plant and got a small box that was behind it, he walked back to me and gave me the box smiling. “happy birthday” he smiled, “Calum you got the dress and the shoes, plus the dinner you didn’t have to do this” I said taking the box looking at him, “but I wanted too, now open it up, otherwise it would just be a waste” he said. I opened the box up to a find a necklace, it was a heart with a purple stone in the middle, “it your birthstone” he whispered taking it from my hands, “turn around,” I turned around and felt something cold against my skin, I lift up my hair so Calum could do it up, “thank-you Calum” I whispered turning around kissing him, “I’m never going to take it off” I smiled.

We sat on one of the benches near the side of the roof and were watching over the city, “can we play now!” Michael come out jumping up and down, “play what?” I asked laughing. Luke came out holding a guitar, same with Michael while Ashton came out holding a box; he put it down and sat on it. “You know how we are going on tour next week?” he asked smiling, “yeah” I said nodding my head, “and you know how you haven’t heard us play yet?” “Yes” I said getting more excited, “well we wanted to show you one of our songs that no one else had heard yet” he smiled walking over to the others, “it’s called Unpredictable”

“She sits at home with the lights out,  

Seeing life in different colours,

I think it’s time that we wake up,

So let me take you away”

Luke started singing, and then Calum started

We can run down the street,

 With the stars in our eyes,

 We can tear down this town,

In the dark of the night,

Just open the door

We’ve got time on our side

We can make it out alive”

He smiled at me while, singing, I smiled back, I couldn’t be happier.

Calum sang the last line of the song “let’s do something new and unpredictable” winking once he was finished. “What did you think?” he asked, “that was….” I was speechless, “amazing” I said, “you were the first person to ever hear that song” Calum said coming over to me and putting and arm around my waist so he was still facing the boys, “apart from our mums that is” Michael said, “I feel honoured” I said kissing Calums cheek. “it’s 11.30” Ashton said, “yes, thankyou Mr. party pooper” Calum said shooting Ashton a look, “just saying” he said taking the box away with Luke and Michael taking their guitars. “we should probably take you home” he whispered, “but I don’t want to go home” I whispered, intertwining my fingers with Calums, “I know, but I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asked, “yeaap” I said, I made a strange look on my face realizing what I just said, Calum starting laughing “yeaap?” he asked, “I started saying yeah but said yep” I laughed, “so that’s a yeaap to getting ice-cream tomorrow?” “Yes it is” I laughed. Calum and I said bye to the boys before leaving the roof.

Calum drove me home; we were talking and laughing for the whole time. We were walking to the door when Calum took my hand and stopped me, I turned around and straight away Calum’s lips landed on mine. “Thanks for tonight” I whispered pulling away from the kiss a minute later, placing my foreheads on Calums, “do me a favour?” he asked, “what?” “never wear those shoes again, I like it when you’re much shorter than me” he smiled, “we’ll see about that” I laughed, “I’ll see you tomorrow,” he kissed me again, “happy birthday” “bye” I whispered before he turned and walked back to his car, I opened up the fount door to see Sarah, Ben and mum watching tv, “you haven’t moved!” I said walking into the lounge room, “yes we did, we had to get food somehow” Ben explained, “So how was it?” mum asked, “it was really fun,” “what did he do for you”. Oh god I have to go through the whole thing “Michael dropped me off at the hotel,” “wait a hotel?” Sarah asked smiling “yes a hotel, then I got changed into this” I said pointing to my dress “very pretty” my mum said, “then walked up stairs to get to the roof to see Calum and dinner” I paused smiling, “wait what’s around your neck?” Ben asked, “Calum also got me this” I said playing with my necklace, “glad you had fun” mum said standing up “I’m going to bed night” she said walking out of the room, “night” the rest of us said. I sat down on the couch “what else did he do?” Sarah asked, “We danced and he showed me one of his songs that he wrote”  “wait he sings?” Ben asked, “Yeah he’s in a band, they played a song that they haven’t showed anyone yet” I blushed looking down, “awwww” Sarah said. “Well I’m going to bed” I said walking out of the room “goodnight” ben said, “night” Sarah said.

I walked up to my room and got changed, “night, thanks for tonight xoxo” I texted Calum. I got into bed when Calum replied to the text “good night gorgeous, happy birthday xoxo”. And with that I closed my eyes quickly falling asleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah so… that was that… thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on the last chapter, it means a lot