What?*

*CALUMS POV*  

Sarah and I were cleaning up, just talking when her phone went off, I told her I would be fine doing the rest of the dishes by myself. I could hear Jess and her mum talking. "bedroom door open when he is in there, and he's sleeping in the spare room" her mum said "he already knows that, I told him that before" Jess said. "as long as he understands the rules" her mum said, "don't worry I understand" I whispers to myself laughing a bit... Jess was so cute. "Your father is back" that was when I froze. What? No. Her father... He isn't...? What?

*JESS'S POV* 

"What?" I was speechless, why would my dad be back, we told him about what he did to us and he stills comes back. Can't he understand about what he did, did actually scar us, even if he can't remember it. I just got up, out of my seat, and walked into the kitchen were Calum was. "where's Sarah?" I asked wrapping my arms around his waist, my head on his shoulder, "she had a phone call" he said turing around, talking me in his arms, "everything okay?" he asked, I didn't say anything I just hugged him tighter.

"I want ice-cream" I said sitting off of my bed with Calum following behind me. I opened the freezer to see that we didn't have any, "mum why don't we have any ice-cream?" I asked walking into the lounge room, "Becuse I havnt done the shopping yet" she said watching tv. "I can see that" I mumbled walking back into my bedroom, Calum still following, but laughing quitelty. "ice-cream run?" he asked smiling. "MUM WE ARE GOING TO GO AND GET ICE-CREAM!" I yelled from my room, while putting on shoes, "BE BACK BY 9!" she yelled back. I looked at my phone 7:45, be back by 9 easy. I got my money and walked with Calum outside and we started walking down to the shops. "are you sure you are okay" Calum asked taking my hand, "did you hear the convocation between my mum and I while you were cleaning?" I asked, he just looked down, "its fine, I'm not angry" I said trying to sound calm, "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry" he said looking straight at me, "its okay" I smilied. "I should probly explaine now..." I whispered, "it doesn't matter, if it hurts talking about it, then don't say it" he said calmly, "no you only heard half of the story, plus you need to know, I want you to know." I said trying to sound confident.,. Calum squeezed my hand letting me know that it was going to be okay. "he didn't die in the car crash, he had concussion, so the last thing he remembers was being a happy family with mum, Sarah, Ben and I. And it hurt because we had to tell him about the divorce, but no one told him about everything that he did." I took a deep breathe before starting again. "until about 10 months ago, Ben got angry and told him everything, dad... He... He wasn't happy about what Ben had said, he yelled at him saying he was 'lying'. He said that would never do that, but then Ben questioned him saying stuff like 'well why do you think we don't stay with you' or 'why do you think whenever you go and give Jess and hug she flinches?' and that was when he had, had enough and just left, until now I guess" I finally stopped. "oh my god Jess." he said. "you are so brave" he hugged me, while I was in his arms, it was weird, I was calm, I'm never calm when I talk about my dad. "I don't know what to do now" I sighed pulling away walking again. "I don't want to see him, but I kinda know that hes changed" I sighed, "kinda?" Calum asked, "people don't always change, one way or another people always fall into an old habit, but for now he might be different" that was when Calum fell silent, he just put an arm around my waist and whispered, "you are so perfect and so brave, you don't have to do anything that you don't want to," I just kept on walking, thinking about wether I wanted to see my dad or not. "here we go" Calum said walking into the shop, opening the door for me "thanks" I whispers smiling at him.

Once we got our ice-cream we decided to walk across the road to the park. "Do you think Tim would he home right now?" Calum asked, "probly... Why?" I asked, "I feel like I owe him an apology" Calum said looking at me. "okay let's go" I said standing up. We finished our ice-creams while walking to Tim's. "hey Tim" I called him before coming over to let him know we were coming over, "hiya Jess" he said, "I'm coming over, Calums with me" I said "why? What's wrong? Did he do something?" he asked "no everything's fine, I'm just under 10 minutes away" I laughed, "oh okay see you soon" "bye" I said hanging up.