The Getways*

A few weeks past, Calum and I have been closer than ever. We were mucking around on the couch one night, he was tickling me, “CALUM!” I yelled laughing, “Calum, I can’t breathe” I was laughing even harder,

“Never” he laughed,

“Calum pleaseeee” I was laughing so hard, tears were coming out of my eyes,

“Who do you love?” he asked,

“Sponge bob!” I screamed,

“Wrong answer!” he laughed and continued tickling me,

“I love you” I laughed,

“I’m sorry… I don’t think I heard that… who do you love” he stop, and was now hovering above me,

“I love you” I pulled him lips to mine,

“good because I love you too”

That was 3 months ago, now I’m sitting on my bed, 1 week before I’m leaving for London, Calum and I haven’t stopped crying for the past few hours, I really wish I didn’t take the scholarship. I talked to Calum about it, I told him about what Beth said, “she has a point you know, not all high school couples last” I started shaking, I thought he was going to break up with him, “not all… that means that there are some couples that do make it, and we are going to be one of them.” That is what has been giving me hope for this past 3 months. I know we are a different to most couples, we are strong; we will always find our way back to each other, no matter what.

For the next week Calum and I did nothing, but that was what made us want to be with each other, how the times we did nothing together, meant so much more than doing something amazing together. As long we were next to each other nothing else matter. Not ever has mattered and nothing ever will, as long as Calum is mine, and I’m Calum’s…. everything is perfect.

We made a pact that every night for the next week, we sneak out at night and go somewhere, its can never be the same place, for the first night, we went to the park, second night we went running through the streets, third night, I was staying a Calums so we took his car and just went for a midnight drive, forth night we went to this café that was open *surprise*, fifth night we went do a different park, this one has a tree house in one of its trees and we slept in that, waking up at 5am and quickly rushing home, sixth night we met up with Luke, Ashton and Michael and we got pizza and went down to the beach, and the seventh nigh, the night before I went away, was by far the greatest night of my life.

We fell asleep at 9pm, setting our alarm for 1am. When we woke up, we quickly just grabbed a jumper some shoes and left the house. Calum parked his car outside my house, saying he needed it for our midnight get away. “What are we doing tonight?” I asked, walking to the car,

“You’ll see” he winked and opened up my door for me.

We had been driving for 15 minutes until Calum pulled over, “from here onwards we walk” he said, as we got out of the car.

As soon as I got out of the car, I could smell the salt water, we were at the beach again…

We were walking on the sand, hand in hand for about another 15 minutes until we got to this cave, “where are we?” I asked,

“Take one more step, but be careful, it might be slippery” he said, taking my other hand, I took another step across the rocks so we were now fully in the cave, it was beautiful, candles, blankets, food. It was perfect.

We walked over to the blanket, and sat down; we wrapped the blanket around our cold bodies, holding each other close.

We talked, laughed and just sat quiet, being close to each other, that was all we needed, that was all we wanted.

Sadly though, around 3am we had to leave and go back home. We packed everything up, putting it back into the basket and started walking back to the car.

We were walking on the sand, our feet in the water when Calum pushed me softly, I pushed him back but made him fall into the water; he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in as well. We spent the next 20 minutes in the water, laughing, until we agreed we really needed to get home.

Once we were home, we quickly and silently as we could had a shower and went back to bed.

Calum held me closer when we went to sleep, he had one hand under my top, just so he could feel me closer, Calum had his top off so I was just drawing shapes on his chest until we both fell back asleep.

That last night together was hard, knowing that the next morning we would be saying good-bye to each other for the next 3 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....................... how do you think its going to end?- pip