Chapter 17

Chapter 17
(this is the last chapter, thanks for reading all the way through :) )

Meet me at the park.

I found a message when I got home and I didn't know who send it, but I was too curious not to go. I walked to the school and made a beeline to the swings. I had a feeling it was Garrett.
Maybe he felt the same way.

I swung back and forth until I felt like I was flying and for once in my life, I felt good. Everything seemed to be coming into place and my arm was still bandaged up, but I didn't feel as broken. I saw a body in the distance and slowed down the swing. When I could make out details, I got off the swing and walked toward them.

It wasn't Garrett, it was Stella.
"Hey bitch," she smiled and I smiled internally when I saw her nose.
"Back atchya," I retaliated. I was so sick of her.
"Why did you bring me here?" I inquired.
"Why? Disappointed it isn't your little crush, Garrett? He is mine. You hear me bitch? Mine! And it's cute if you think that he would choose you over me."
"I would." I heard a voice behind me say. I turned around and came face to face with Garrett.
"You are so pathetic Stella." He said to her. "I would pick Jennie any day, and Jennie I'm so sorry for not believing you before."
"Babe, she broke my nose!" Stella whined.
"And she had every reason to." Garrett added and I cheered internally.
"You are so fake, Stell. We are done, forever." Stella scuffed and walked back to where she came from.
"How did you- why are you here?" Garrett smiled at me.
"I decided to go for a walk and hoped that you might be here."
"Why?"
"Because I realized something." "What?"
"I like you, I always have." He brushed his fingers on my cheek and his hands were warm, but I still shivered. Then I found myself leaning forward and he mirrored my action.

Before I knew it, our lips touched and it was the best feeling in the world. I wrapped my arms around him and he crashed me into him.
"I'm sorry for everything."
"It's okay. You're here now." I mumbled into his chest.

Then, he kissed me again and again and again.

As I walked into my house hand in hand with Garrett, we saw Kylie and Ty leaving to go meet Dad at the doctor's for an ultrasound, Tessa was talking on the phone with someone whose name was most likely Orlando, about prom, and Aiden was packing his stuff for treatment.

Minutes later, Garrett and I were on the couch watching a movie, his arm around me, popcorn in my lap, and I sighed. It wasn't in exasperation or even relief, but for the fact that I was content. And adversities were going to face us in the future, but the moment, right then, was enough to savor for a long time.