Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(sorry, another short one but more context on Jen and Stella)

Flashback

I was five and in my kindergarten class. My mom had just dropped me off and I was just standing there. A girl came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Stella."
"Jennie." I said smiling.
At that age I thought she was going to be my best friend.

"Let's color." She suggested and she took out the markers and started drawing on me. My teacher at the time came over us after Stella put the markers back. "Jennie!! What did you do? You aren't supposed to use the markers and especially not on your body!"
"Stella did it!" I shrieked.
"Is that true?" My teacher asked Stella. "No." Stella answered.
Then my teacher went up to me and said, "Jennie, don't accuse other people of doing something you did. That's mean."

All I could think about was how that made Stella mean since she lied. When I told my mom about her, she said that I should stay away from her, so I did. That made Stella mad especially when I became more liked than her in kindergarten. In first grade, Garrett moved here and talked to me first which made her mad even though I never was really good friends with him.

Then in second grade, my mom died and she thought I was just trying to get attention even though I was pushing my friends away. She would make fun of me since I just had my dad and then say cruel stuff just to me so everybody else thought she was innocent.

I always wondered, why me? Why is she jealous? I lost my mom and now I'm close to losing my whole family and she is still jealous?

End of flashback

"She said something about my mom." I choked out. Mrs. Day's eyebrows rose. I knew she was surprised I said something and I was too. Suddenly, I continued, "She said that my Mom would be disappointed in me."
Her eyebrows furrowed and I added, "Stella has been like this to me since kindergarten. I know she bullies me and mostly it wasn't that hurtful, but she started bad mouthing my family and I couldn't control myself...And, can I trust you to not tell anyone this?"She shook her head yes.

"My dad is never home. He works, drinks, and yells. He is so torn up. Kylie is pregnant and only 16. Aiden is very happy now and I found out he has a girlfriend, but he is into drugs and alcohol. Tessa won't eat and it's scaring me, but I can't talk to her because she is so convinced that she's fat and ugly and that I'm jealous of her."
"Is that why your grades are slipping?"
"Yes."
"Why aren't you telling your teachers?" I shrugged.
"I didn't want to face it." I admitted.

We were silent for the rest of the day and I was glad that she didn't pressure me into anything else. My dad sent a driver to pick me up. I was happy he wasn't in the limo that came for me. Sadly, he was for sure coming tomorrow.

The drive home was silent and I trudged up to the house. I heard a crash. Then another and yet another. Smashed Beer bottles covered the floor. I saw a very puffy-eyed Aiden on the couch drinking liquor. A family picture on the opposite wall was smashed. He was in front of the tv, but his stare was blank.
"What the hell are you doing?" I screamed approaching him.
He tried to get up, but fell back down, spilling some of the what I later learned was tequila.
"She's f*cking dead." He slurred.