Chapter 28

(Not Edited. And kindly read the author's note at the bottom. It's really important. THANKS :* )

Chapter 28

Emily's POV

"Is that what you're wearing for the gala?" Klaine said as he strode my way hugging me from the back.

"Yes." I said sticking to one word answers. I'm still slightly mad at him for abandoning me, but I understand. Work comes first. We talked about it and we both understood.

"Damn." He said putting his head on my bare shoulder.

"Well, Its your fault you agreed tp change shifts. You know that we already agreed to this." I said as I put a few finishing touches on my make up.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He said as he kissed me on the cheeks and the doorbell suddenly rang. That must be Brody. Eeep. I told Klaine that I'll be attending it with Brody and that didn't sit well with Klaine.

"Ugh. Your first love is here." He said sulking and pouting as he sat by the bed. I laughed at that.  "He is my first love but you do know that you are my last." I said sitting on his lap and hugging him.

"Are you sure about that?" He said nuzzling into my neck.

I pushed him lightly and looked at him in the eyes. "You know that I'm marrying you right?"

"Yes, I know."

"And you know that I won't agree to marry you if I don't love you, right?" I said fixing his doctor's gown.

"Yes. I love you too."

"Then what seems to be the problem? You know that you have me and I have you."

"I know Tink, I know. But when I look at you, sometimes you got this look that something is missing. Like a part of you is waiting. And I don't know what." He said looking straight into my eyes.

I didn't know what to say to that. I sighed and then hugged him and nuhe nuzzled again to my neck. "I love you so damn much Tink. Don't you ever leave me."

"I won't" I said with no hesitation. Then the doorbell rang again.

"And that is my cue to leave." I said and he kissed my forehead. "I'll walk you out, I got a few minutes to spare before I go to work." He said and he held my hand while we went downstairs.

"Call me when you get there. No holding hands, No kissing. Okay?" Klaine said as we were close to the door.

"Yes dad. No kissing. But I can't promise no holding hands because it is a gala. We are required shake hands." I joked at the dad part.

"Well, I supposed you can SHAKE hands. But no shaking for too long. 10 seconds is enough." He said ordering me around.

"As I said. Yes dad." I said and turned to open the door. And yet again. Mr. Brody has yet again caught me breathless.

Brody's POV

Okay. Inhale. Exhale. Breathe in, breathe out.

I was standing in the front of Emily's door. Just freaking ring the doorbell.

I rang the doorbell and waited for a second, a minute, and a minute, and another minute. Okay. This is odd. Oh shit. What if she changed her mind? What if Klaine decided to go with her? What if-

I sighed and my mind swirled into hundreds of reasons on why she isn't answering her door and I'm still waiting for her.

Thats the problem.