Redemption Chapter Nineteen

We’re close to the end!! I hope you like this chappie! :)

Chapter Nineteen

I woke up groggy. After kissing me for a while, Lucifer went to his suite, leaving me alone. I’ve taken a shower and crashed on my bed and been sleeping soundly until now.

Something was wrong. I could feel it.

For starters, it was still dark outside; the only light that penetrated the room was the rays of moonlight that managed to pass through the curtains. I looked around, and my eyes stopped on a silhouette standing at the foot of my bed.

I gasped, and opened my mouth to scream.

Suddenly, I felt as though someone was inside my head.

You will not scream,” said a familiar voice. I knew it, yet I couldn’t place it, still enveloped in the haze of sleep. And even though my every instinct demanded that I scream, I found myself unable to do so.

Stand up,” commanded the voice in my head. I disengaged from my sheets and stood up as asked. When I was on both feet, I realized that I couldn’t move anymore. It was as though every single muscle of my body was refusing to obey the commands of my brain. Even as I ordered my arm to move, it remained perfectly still.

Come to me.”

I moved without my own accord. I walked around the bed, until I faced the familiar silhouette. The person wore a long coat, its hood drawn over his head, shadowing his features.

Then, the silhouette’s hands reached up, and I thought he –because the voice was clearly male- would touch me. I cringed internally. But no, the hands reached the hood and pulled it back.

In front of me stood a smug-looking, smiling…

“Romulus,” I breathed, feeling the control he had over me relaxing a bit. I took advantage of it and hurled myself at him. My weight knocked him to the ground. I pulled back just enough so I could punch him. My fist connected with his jaw. I had to damage him so seriously that he wouldn’t be able to use his mind control on me. Knocking him out would be the best option.

But instead of gasping in pain, Romulus laughed. He blocked my next blow and held my trembling fist in a steady hand. His eyes glowed as he rolled on top of me.

“I didn’t know I could get that much of a fight out of you, Amelie,” he said softly. His hand tightened on my fist, and I could feel my joints crack. I hissed in pain. “Now… be a nice girl and I’ll make sure you won’t suffer. But if you decide to be difficult… “Hell” will not be sufficient to describe what I will make you go through.”

I could feel him grasping my mind firmly again.

He stood up and hauled me to my feet.

Put on some clothes. We wouldn’t want you to attract unnecessary attention now, would we?”

He walked out of the room, to give me privacy. I would’ve laughed if I could. He was inside of my freaking head and yet he still cared about my privacy, huh? I guess chivalry was not totally dead yet. I was furious, but all I could do was to grab a pair of jeans and a shirt from the commode and put them on. When I was done, I just stood there, in the middle of the room, unable to move.

Now you will follow me. And you will not make one sound.”

I didn’t have a choice. My legs led me all by themselves through the room, out of the suite, down the hallway, to the elevator, through the lobby and to the car parked a few blocks away.