The Devil's Son Chapter Twenty One

Oh!! THE TWENTY FIRST CHAPTER! After a looooooooooooooong pause, 'The Devil's Son' is back!!!! YAY!!!!

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"We don't need to talk," he murmured, "There are so many other, even more interesting things we could do right now..."

It was tempting. So, so tempting... But I had to tell him what I wanted.

"No, we really have to talk." I said.

He sighed but let me go.

"What is there that is so important that we have to stop doing this-which is by the way more interesting- to talk?"

He said the word 'talk' as if it was something too disgusting for him to even consider as a possibility.

I smiled.

"Look, Lucifer," I bit my lips, and considered saying nothing. Maybe I could just avoid him... No. It was impossible, not with Lucifer able to pop up wherever I was.

"I've been thinking about this for a while... And I'm not sure that... Um... No, let me start it over. I think we should stop seeing each other for a while. I want at least a little bit of a normal life. Please..."

"No problem, little human. I'll find other ways to amuse myself... Don't worry, there are plenty."

With those last words, he disappeared.

I felt... frustrated. He didn't even bother to argue! And he told me I was only a way to amuse him! Yeah, I definitely needed a break from Lucifer and his irritating ways.

Still irritated, I pulled away the covers of my bed and climbed in. I don't know why, but the softness of my bed is always kind of comforting.

I closed my eyes, and truly hoped that this night will be one without any dreams.

******

Friday.

The next day was the dance, and I can tell you that I wasn't that happy about it. It would be noisy, full of sweaty teenagers, with music that I hate and a lot of dancing.

I got up from my bed, and was surprised when my mom knocked on the door. It's been ages since she last brushed my hair like she used to do before.

Only one night since Lucifer was gone and my life was back to as normal as I could ever remember it being.

It was actually so normal, that when I got out of my room and walked to the stairs, I almost got knocked out by the wall. Because for one moment, I was still in our previous house, the one that had burned.

For once, it didn't make me sad. It actually made me laugh. Still giggling, I went to the kitchen (this time following the scheme of the new house). Once there I took some French toasts and plopped them in the toaster. I listened to the distant sound of the radio, and smiled at the lame joke the animator made.

I was in a strangely good mood.

When my toast was ready I bit into it eagerly, and poured a glass of milk to quench my thirst.

After the breakfast, I got to my bathroom and took a quick shower before brushing my teeth and getting dressed up for school.

My good mood got even better when we got to school. Today the feeling of calm that Ethan irradiated wasn't troubled by any worries, and I could just enjoy the peace it brought me, with no background irritating thoughts.

Everything was just as it was supposed to be- normal.

We got through the day without even one little tiny accident which was the closest thing to a miracle I could get. After school, Ethan and I parted ways, not without one last hug, and one quick peck on the forehead from him. I sighed and got into Jason's car, a small satisfied smile on my lips. It was so good to be normal.