The Devil's son Chapter Fourteen

Yay!!!! chapter fourteen is out, officially.

Im proud.

Enjoy and comment!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Months pass by quickly and before you can even say: 'Santa Claus', Christmas is over. Ethan spent Christmas away from me. He probably had some party in Heaven. After all it must be a big event up there.

Whatever.

It's a good thing we've taken a break. We needed it. I think that what he said about me dying and he having another human protégée just created a wall between us. It was kind of awkward between us lately. We both didn't know what to say after what happened. He kept apologizing, and I kept telling him that I understood.

So what I've got for Christmas?

From mom: a gift card for Abercromie and Fitch's 'boutique'.

From dad: a gift card for my favorite bookstore.

From Jason: A Coldplay CD and all the audio-books from my 'audible.com' wish-list.

From Ethan: a necklace. When I'll be in trouble, I'll just have to say his name and he'll come to my rescue.

As if he was assuming that I'll get in trouble, somehow.

===============================================================

The first it time hadn't worked.

That was because she loved him so much that she overshadowed its commands. But now that there's that 'cold war' between them, it's a better moment to strike.

The Demon leaned back in the leather couch and admired its Master.

His graceful movements, his beautiful blue eyes... If it hadn't that duty to fulfill, it would use this human body for other matters. But it knew that it had to kill the human first, and, maybe, after it could have some fun.

===============================================================

January was icy cold, and it was beginning to annoy me. I wasn't a winter person. I didn't like the cold wind or the slushy snow under my feet. What I wanted was the heat of summer, the caress of the sun on my skin.

I sighed and continued to read my Shakespeare novel. Unconsciously, I slipped out of my concentration and my mind wandered off to a less dramatic matter than the romance of Romeo and Juliet.

Or maybe more dramatic, that depends on your point of view. If you're a drama queen you'd probably think that Saint-Valentine is a matter of life or death.

Every year before this one, I've exchanged chocolates with Jason. And my parents.

But this year there was Ethan.

Should I give him chocolates, too? Or shouldn't I?

After what happened with his 'drink', I don't know if he'll consider it as something 'romantic' or as just a friendly gesture. Because, of course, I intend it to be a friendly present only. But what if he thinks that I'm trying to... I don't know... Seduce him with chocolate?

That would be totally embarrassing.

I almost didn't notice when the bell rings and the other students get up from their chairs. I was still asking myself the same question over and over. Should I give Ethan chocolates?

That was until I was almost pulled up on my feet by Jason. Ethan was still gone to heaven or wherever he was. I took Jason's hand while he leaded me to our music class.