Redemption Chapter Two

Sorry for the loooong wait. But I was too tired to write. But now here it goes!!!! I think this chapter will be long enough to make up for my absence!!!! And thank you for all the comments!!!!!!!1

Chapter Two

'SERIAL KILLER STRIKES AGAIN!' The local newspaper's front page said.

"I have a bad feeling about this." I said, pointing to the photography of the killer's last victim. A smiling, pretty blonde girl.

"And we both know that most of your bad feelings have a truthful fundament." said Ethan, his mind echoing in my mind made me jump a little.

We were sitting at the hotel's cafeteria, eating breakfast. Well I was eating breakfast an sneaking some bacon under the table for Ethan, who, in the sight of humans, couldn't remain in his most human form. Right now, he was lying in my lap as a cat.

The smell of eggs and bacon was floating in the air, and conversations filled the medium-sized room with a pleasant buzz.

I sat straighter in my chair and stuffed some bacon in my mouth, then spread some butter on a toast.

When I swallowed I said, still reading the article on the murder.

"I think it's another Demon."

Then I looked around to see if my latest statement had provoked any glares. Or if the general fact that I was talking whether to my cat or to an imaginary friend was making me look suspicious.

Nope, no one heard me nor seemed to notice that I was apparently talking to myself.

Then I leaned back into my chair and stared at Ethan, who looked back at me, his feline blue eyes shining slightly in the light.

"You know what I'm thinking, don't you?" I asked, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Oh, yes. And, believe me; I'm not happy with it."

"We don't have any choice."

"We do." said Ethan in my mind while munching a bit of bacon I've sneaked under the table for him.

"Oh yeah, because we can wander around, hoping that we're accidentally bump into the exact Demon who killed all those girls?"

"Yeaah..." he mumbled reluctantly.

"We have to go see Adam." I said, a small smug smile on my lips.

"Yeah, whatever." Ethan shook his head, "You know that he's going to ask a price you are not willing to pay..."

"Like my first-born child?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, something like that."

"Well, I do not plan to have kids."

Ethan looked at me curiously.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"I just can't imagine myself being a caring wife in the daylight and a fierce Demon Hunter after dark." I mumbled sarcastically.

"One does not exclude the other," said Ethan with amusement.

"Yeah. Whatever, are we really having that conversation now?"

"I guess we have other things to do then."

"Oh yeah, we do!" I took my plastic plate and fork and threw them into the nearest garbage can. Then I took Ethan in my arms and started walking out of the cafeteria, my feet making no noise on the carpeted floor of the hotel's entrance way.