The Devils Son Chapter Twenty Two

One of the last chapters... Yup, it's almost finished.

Enjoy!

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

I froze. What? Lucifer's here? I almost ran down the stairs, but I couldn't really go that fast, because of my high heels.

Familiar hands snaked around my waist and soft, irresistibly warm lips caressed my cheek.

"Missed me already?" he teased, his nose brushing my earlobe. I felt my blood rush to my face. My cheeks were so hot... so damn traitorously hot.

"But... I thought you... were going with Ethan..." stammered my mom. She sounded awestruck and confused. Lucifer must be quite an extraordinary sight, with his mismatched eyes and a black suit... tailored especially for him by some Demon. And let's not forget his dimples, dimples that would make you sway...

I sighed, and remarked, to my enchantment, that Lucifer still held me in his arms.

"Ethan had a... unfortunate impediment and he almost begged me to take his place at Amelie's side." Lucifer said sweetly. He sounded so innocent. Way too innocent to be genuine.

I elbowed him in the stomach, but his grip around me didn't even falter for a second.

"Let's go... My car's waiting outside." He said politely, guiding me toward the door.

I heard Jason run down the stairs and stop abruptly. He must have seen me and Lucifer together. Anyways, he was polite enough to make no comments about it.

In a second we were out the door, and mom shouted to us to have a good time.

I waved at her, while Lucifer still held me by the arm, pulling me forward gently.

"We're going to have a good time," he promised, murmuring in my ear. "I'm gonna make sure of it."

I smiled and let him sit me in the car. Then he sat in the driver's seat, and we drove onto the night, heading toward my school. My very last day at this school, as I was going to discover.

*****

Tonight was the night.

The perfect timing.

The Demon couldn't wait anymore. It had to have her today. She was infuriating to watch... And Lucifer paid her so much attention, it was horrible, really.

As she watched the human from across the stinky gym where the dance was held, the Demon couldn't care less about it's date, the boyfriend of the owner of that feeble human body it possessed.

He wouldn't stop bugging her.

"You wanna dance?"

"You wanna drink?"

"Wanna eat something maybe?"

All that kindness and concern was beginning to get on the Demon's nerves. But it couldn't dispose of that annoying brat... It would be too... obvious, in that room filled with teenagers and professors who played the role of chaperones.

The Demon was eager to have its victim cornered, defenseless, scared... The taste of that human girl would be sweet... It'll be the sweet taste of revenge.

But for now, the Demon must be patient.

It was willing to stay calm... since it knew that the humans girl's days on this earth were soon to be ended.

*******

If being in your Guardian Angel's arms is the ultimate feeling of safeness, being in the arms of the ultimate evil guy was just as exhilarating. In a whole different way.