The Devil's Son Chapter Twenty

TWENTIETH CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

And I'll like to add that the end is actually further than I expected!! So don't worry and be happy while reading this one!! Because there are still quite a few chapters to come!!

And I dedicate this chapter to inlovewithmalu, who gave me the little 'kick' I needed to write this chapter!!!!!!!

Have a nice read!!

Oh! As to why I put 'Bulletproof' by Laroux to this chapter... I'm just as clueless about it as u all are. I guess I just like the song. XD

CHAPTER TWENTY

Mom walked me to my room, where I sat at the desk. I stayed completely still, confused and strangely irritated. It's horrible. If my parents and Jason would've left the house, I would've been completely lost now. Disoriented, I stood up and walked toward where I thought was the door, but met a wall, no trace of any door in there.

I moved along, sliding my hand on the wall, trying to find the door. Someone caught my hand.

Jason.

He must've stayed in the room.

"Want me to give you a tour of the house?" he asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled, relieved. At least, I'll have a general view of the house, before I have to deal with it on my own.

I hung to Jason's arm like to a life buoy, as he steered me through the house. As he showed me the new rooms, I tried to remember each piece of furniture.

But after the quick tour, the only rooms I really remembered were my own room, the kitchen, the living room and the entrance hall; since they were all on the first level.

So I spent the whole day in the living room, sometimes paying small visits to the kitchen to grab something to eat, while waiting for the delivery of the new grand piano my parents had just bought. I've asked for the exact same one that I had before. And when I heard the sound of the tires of a heavy vehicle in our drive way, I almost ran to the front door. I avoided every obstacle, waving my white cane in front of me frantically, cursing when it hit something on it's way. I got to the front door as quickly as I could and my mom caught up with me. She opened the door and accepted the delivery, before commanding the workers where to place the piano.

My room was big enough to contain two grand pianos, so my mom decided to have it placed there. I seriously don't mind, since I've found my room really empty and... well empty.

With a piano, I'll feel less alone. Maybe happier, even.

But right now, I just felt... weird. Too many things happened lately. The accidents, Ethan, Lucifer... it was all too much for a 'little human' like me. And I needed a break from all that supernatural stuff. I wanted to have a normal week, without problems which equals- without Lucifer and his aptitude to attract problems that never bothered him, but that always bothered me.

The next time I'll see him, I'll tell him that I needed time to think and to be by myself. For once, it would be ME who rejected HIM, and not the other way around.

I couldn't help but smile at that thought. Finally, I got some (even if it was just a bit) control on my own life.

I waited for the delivery men to place the piano in my room. Of course, my parents have informed everybody that had hired me to play for their events that it'll be impossible for a moment. But now that I had my piano again, I will be unstoppable. And if I can distract myself by playing piano AND get money for it, you've got one happy Amelie.