The Devil's son Chapter Ten

HEY WATTPADERS!!! Here comes chapter ten of my not-so-brand-new-story.

Lucifer is gone... for now. But will he come back as a good-guy or a bad-guy? Only time can tell...

So here it goes...

ENJOY!!!

And plz leave comments. Some advice and reviews would be welcome. Thanks anyways...

CHAPTER TEN

I completely panicked. I tried to get to the surface, in vain. As I struggled to get out of the pool, I only went deeper in the chlorinated water, my clothes burdening me. Soon enough, my lungs were aching for air. I knew that if I didn't breath in a moment, I will lose consciousness. As I touched the bottom of the pool, I could already feel the numbness take over my body. My eyes closed, I abandoned any hope. When I fell, most of the people who were training were already in the locker-room. Nobody saw me fall. It was over.

A hand gripped mine and pulled me up. Soon, my savior and I were on the surface, and I took in staggered breaths, coughing.

"Everything's going to be alright." said Ethan in my ear, while swimming to the edge of the pool. He sat me on the poolside and a warm towel hugged my shoulders. I was trembling, and my clothes were sticking to my skin. I was crying, still shocked. I felt two arms going around me. The aura was unmistakable.

Ethan.

I let myself go in his arms. Why did all happen so quickly? Too much things in a too short lapse of time weren't a good thing for my nerves. Everything seemed to happen at the wrong moment. Now that I was already overwrought by the Lucifer's thing, some creepy pool accident happened to me. Huh, it was really a bad moment. I continued to cry in Ethan's arms while he softly patted my hair, telling me that everything will be alright.

Then I suddenly backed off from him.

"I want to go home." I said.

"Yes. I'm going to take you home right away." he said soothingly.

I stood up and took his hand. He got me to the locker-room where Jason was. When he saw me, he cursed under his breath.

"Oh God, what happened, Amelie?" he asked worriedly.

"Huh, is it hard to tell? I fell in the water." I said, trying to smile and failing miserably.

If I wasn't blind, I would have known how to swim.

If I wasn't blind, I would have friends.

If I wasn't blind, I would have a boyfriend.

If I wasn't blind my life wouldn't have sucked.

But I was blind and was going to stay this way for the rest of my life.

This thought brought another wave of tears.

But if I wasn't blind, I couldn't be standing right now in what was a guy's locker-room. Not that I actually saw anything, but still.

I burst into laughter at my joke, and that probably made Ethan and Jason stare at me with a look that clearly said: 'She's crazy."

"Okay, it's just ridiculous." I managed to breathe between two outbursts of laughter.

Ethan joined my laughter, as if he could know why I was laughing. With a pang of something in the heart, I noticed how musical and cheerful it was. Not that I cared, anyways. (Yeah right...)

Even I doubted my mental health. Going from crying to laughing in less than five minutes after almost drowning wasn't what I would normally call 'funny'. And I was really messed up. I was feeling like shit, seriously. Life wasn't fair with me, lately. But was anything ever fair? Not really.