Runaway

As soon as Sammy walked out the door to go and see Emily I wished she hadn't. "Son, Carlisle is here." Billy said from the doorway.

"Let him in," I sighed. Hopefully this visit will go well.

"Morning, Jacob." Carlisle said and I jumped that I didn't hear him come in. Stupid bloodsuckers.

"Morning," I nodded remembering Sammy's request for me to be nice. "So where is Samantha?" He asked casually.

"Visiting Emily," I replied.

Carlisle nodded and I didn't say anything.

"Well I have some good news and bad news for you."

"Well tell me the good news doc," I said.

"You are healed..."

"And the bad new is?"

"The bad new is that I don't want you to get off your crutches. At least not till I give you the consent. And it's not because I don't think you are healed, it's because Charlie spread the word about your... accident. So now people think you were in a bad motorcycle accident. I'm sure you don't want people to get suspicious so I think it's best if you use these for a little while." Carlisle said and my eyes buldged out. "Are you kidding me!" I shouted out.

"I can't get off these stupid crutches in public?" I shouted out. "I'm sorry but people will get suspicious, especially with the story circulating around." Carlisle said and I just ignored him. How can I be kept on these stupid things for so long? "I'm sorry." Carlisle said we didn't say anything after that.

After a long hour later Carlisle left and Sammy came home. "It's raining again," I said when I saw her ringing out her hair in the kitchen sink. "Yeah, hopefully it'll go away. Oh and I got the mail." She said and threw the mail on the table. "Cool, I'm just going to go head out to the cliff diving rock. I won't be stupid," I said when I saw Sam's worried face. "It's raining," she said with a confused look.

"I know but I'll be fine. I promise. 'Sides I need to to walk around. I need to show people that I am healing. Stupid story."

"Yeah, Carlisle told me before he left." She said and walked over to me. "Be careful, please?" She said and I nodded. "That's all I can ask. Now be back before dinner, I'll be cooking something good for you, 'kay?"

"'kay," I said and shoved my arm in the sling and onto the crutches and hobbled out.

SAMMY'S P.O.V.

"He'll be fine, Sammy," I jumped when I heard Billy's voice near me.

"I know it's just that," I sighed and put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the invitation that was sure to hurt Jake in a way that I know would hurt me. Once the invitation was out of my pocket I glanced at it and gave it to Billy.

Confused as he was he grabbed it and looked at what was in his hand after a moment he started to read it. I looked at his face so I saw that flash of pain that shot across his face. "Jake will be furious," he finally said.

"I know," I said and sat on the chair. I put my head in my hands and let a sob wrench itself from me. My shoulders shook as I began to cry and Billy came to me and patted my back. "I don't want him to get hurt and I'd wish that Edward hadn't sent it and just listened to Bella. Does he think it's right for Jake to hurt for more than he's supposed to when he sees his best friend ice over?" I said while drying my eyes.

"But he has you, Sammy," Billy tried to reason.

"And sometimes I think that isn't enough, Bella touched him before I got here. And she hurt him before I could have had him. Now I have to fix what she broke in Jake. And sometimes it's hard. I know that he thinks about her sometimes and I don't try to let it bother me. But it does." I said and looked straight ahead and willed the tears to go back to where they came from.