Scents

Jacobs POV-

        As I waited for Sammy to go and get her jacket I was thinking of the note on her window that we washed off and the way that her boss was acting when he tried to kiss her. I was so mad that he was kissing her and that he was pushing her and stuff that I wanted to hurt him much worst then a punch to his face, no one will ever touch her. As long as she is with me I would have no one hurt her and touch her the way that her boss did.

          “Ready Jake?” Sammy called and when I did I thought I would die looking into her light brown eyes that made me want to melt at her feet. They looked so warm and friendly that it seems as if I was looking into her soul.

          “Hello, Jake are you there? I said ‘are you ready’ so are you?” her voice is so beautiful everything she says seems to be like she is singing.

          “Jake! Are you there?” She yelled.

“Yes I am ready, do you know how lucky I am to have someone like you?!” I said.

“Very?” she asked. “Very.” I confirmed, and she smiled.

          She was wearing a white skirt with a white tank top with a grey jacket over it. Her skirt had little white flowers that were sewn into the skirt and the skirt blossom out over her calves; she had on white flats and a brown headband in her hair. Her bangs were side swept to the right side of her face. As she was walking in front of me I notice that her hips sways causing her skirt to sway back and forth as if she were dancing. I guess she felt my eyes on her cause she turned around to smile at me.

We were walking to the beach when we saw Embry. Sammy was smiling and holding on to me when Embry came and scared her from behind us. She screamed and jumped up I caught her and Embry started laughing and I was laughing at her facial expression.  When she is mad she has a face that looks like a toddler trying to be mad but can’t. Finally she joins in on laughing with us. Then we stopped laughing after about five minutes or so.

“What’s up Embry? Haven’t seen you in a while?” I say putting an arm around Sammy. She leans into me and hugs me.

“Nothing much just been hanging out and around the rez. You know doing patrol and stuff. What about you guys?” he said.

“Um, nothing much me and Jake are going to the beach to go and hang out before it rains.” Sammy said eyeing the sky.

“Hey I know we should go cliff diving!” Embry exclaims.

“Cliff diving? You know I’m still scared of heights Embry.” Sammy says a little nervously.

“Yeah Embry you wouldn’t want to scare the little chicken before she grows.” I said. Knowing that she would take it playfully also this is the way you get her to do something. She doesn’t like to show any weakness, none at all.

“You know what, cliff diving sounds fun let’s go!” She says smiling at me with a look of a challenge in her eyes. “Also let’s go and invite Sam, Paul, Jared, and Quil.”

“Whatever rows your boat.” I said.

About twenty minutes later, everyone has on their bathing suit and a towel with them. We are standing at the edge of the clearing just a couple of feet from the edge. The line that we are going to go jump off in is to be Sam, Sammy, me, Paul, Jared, Quil, and then Embry.

“Aren’t we supposed to jump from a lower ledge?” Sammy says nervously.

“Relax little coward we are going to be fine.” Sam says and laughs at her when she sticks out her tongue at him. I laugh too because she looked so funny. “See ya at the bottom.” Sam runs and jumps out.