37_Not_always_accurate

Jieun's POV 

For the past few days I have been feeling quite unwell. My stomach keeps twisting and I can't even eat properly. What is more, I'm having this disturbing feeling of being lightheaded all the time and I'm afraid that I'll faint if I stand still for long.

I'm trying hard to keep this to myself until I find out what exactly is going on with my body. I don't want to make everyone worry about me. I'm just scared that it might be something serious. I don't want to destroy our happiness now that we've all found it. It's too soon.

After realising that I can't keep this a secret from everybody since I'm in need of some help right now, I decided to share it with Sora.

"So, to make a long story short, you're dizzy all the time and you keep throwing up. And this has been happening for about two weeks." Sora said while holding her cup of coffee close to her mouth.

"That's right. I'm scared Sora. What am I going to do in case I really am sick?" I said and my voice cracked as I was on the verge of tears.

"Don't think like that. Everything's going to be okay" she said and smiled gently before holding my hand to help me relax. 

Inviting her over was the right thing to do. Her company really helped me get rid of all the stress that has been piling up.

"Jieun..." she called my name and turned to me with a questioning look. "How long has it been since you last had your period?" she asked

"Huh? I think it's been about..." 

Hold up. Wait a minute. It's been more that two months now that I think about it. How could I have not noticed it.

"You're not suggesting that I..." 

"It's a possibility, isn't it?" Sora said and my heart skipped a beat.

I'm so stupid. It hadn't even crossed my mind that I might be... pregnant.

I looked at Sora while I was feeling lost not knowing what to do and she stood up immediately.

"Stay here and wait for me. I'll be right back" she said and left me alone to think.

It really is a possibility. A strong one to be quite frank. 

'This means that all this time I might have been caring Jin's child. And mine. Our baby.' I thought as I carefully placed my palm on my belly and my lips formed into a smile.

The sound of the doorbell brought me back to reality and I got up slowly trying to avoid becoming dizzy again. 

Walking as steadily as I could I reached to the door and opened it waiting for it to be Sora.

"Good morning my princess" Jin said as he entered the appartment.

He held me in his arms and spun me around a couple of times oblivious about my current state.

After he put me down my sickness came back again. I tried hard to cover it up pretending that he made me feel dizzy and took the opportunity to sit on the couch.

"Jieun I bought it. Why is the door op-" Sora said as she was holding up a bag from the pharmacy but stopped mid-sentence when she spotted Jin in the living room. "Oh, hi Jin" she greeted him and tried to hide the bag behind her.

"What did you buy? Is it medicine? Are you not feeling okay?" he attacked us with a storm of questions as he took a closer look at me.

"Uhm it's just a new product for... for skin care. Nothing to worry about" Sora quickly came up with an excuse and Jin sighed in relief.