19_Confused_feelings

Sora's POV

I'm meeting Jieun in the evening. I thought that I'd never see her again. That she had disappeared for good but fortunately I was wrong. Thanks to Sunggyu. I already knew so much about him because of Jieun that I felt like we were already close friends. I for one want to find out more about him.

I entered the cafe and sat at the table near the window since I like observing at people passing by while I wait. 

"Hello miss. Are you ready for your order?" I heard a familiar voice ask and turned to face him.

"Hamster gyu! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed surprised.

"Sora?" his small cute eyes widened. Then he leaned closer and whispered next to my ear. "Don't call me like that here. The other guys are gonna tease me if they find out about this nickname" he cleared his throat as he returned to his former posture and continued. "I work here as a waiter" 

"Really? That outfit suits you so well. I want to pinch your cheeks right now." I said and he covered his cheeks with his hands taking a step back. "But I promise that I'll hold back. This is your workplace after all." I chuckled and he seemed to have relaxed.

"So, how come you're here?" he asked. There weren't many costumers at the time so he stayed with me for a while.

"I'm meeting with Jieun. She'll be here any minute now. I guess she already knows you're working here." 

"Ow Jieun is coming?" he asked while rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, she knows. Actually I live near this neighbourhood too"

'Wait a minute. Is he blushing? Can it be that he... No, I don't think so. Or at least I hope it's not like that.' Don't misunderstand. It's not that I like him this way but Jieun is with Jin and they have a flourishing and loving relationship. So it would just be hard for him if he likes her one-sidedly. 

"Then you'll order when she comes right? I'm sorry but I have to leave you alone now" he said and gave me a smile before going to another table to take the customer's order.

The bell at the front door rang as two customers entered the cafe. A handsome tall guy wearing a mask was in the front and a cute girl followed him. They were holding hands and they looked so good together that I didn't recognise them at first. Yes, it was my best friend and Jin. 

I tried to control my fangirl feels as they approached the table. Jin oppa took off the mask revealing his beautiful face. And we both bowed.

"Hello, I'm Kim Seokjin. I'm Jieun's... boyfriend. Nice to meet you." he said and glanced at Jieun as if asking her wether he did well or not. She replied with a smile. They're too cute for me to handle.

"I know who you are, believe me. I'm Kang Sora. You can call me Sora." We exchanged a warm handshake and sat at the table.

We started chatting. I can't say I was surprised that JIn was more interested in asking me about Jieun than answering my question about him and the group. He didn't look like an idol at all. He was just a guy in love trying to find out what his girl was like in the past and gain her friend's trust.

The cafe was suddenly busy and we had to wait but we didn't mind. I was sitting opposite of the couple who were now talking about something and I didn't want to interrupt them. My eyes started wandering around the place when I spotted Sunggyu. He was literally running from one table to the other taking notes of the orders. 

My eyes kept following him. He was about to enter the kitchen but thanks to his bad luck another waiter was coming out at the same time holding some drinks. 

"Watch out hamster Gyu" I shouted trying to warn him. But it wasn't loud enough for him to hear so he ended up on the floor after a splendid maneuver. The other guy managed to maintain his balance and not drop the tray with the drinks. I giggled while watching Sunggyu getting up and looking around to check if someone saw him.

"Why are you laughing so suddenly?" Jieun asked and I was startled. I had almost forgotten they were sitting with me.

"Oh it's nothing. I just remembered something" I lied. I just wanted to keep it to myself I guess. 

It was after a few minutes that Sunggyu came to greet us and take our orders. As far as I know he hasn't met Jin yet either. 

"Hi, Jieun!" he waved his hand and she got up to give him a hug. 

When he noticed Jin his smile faded and after the introductions where finished we placed our orders. Sunggyu joined us too since he was having his break. He sat next to me. I could notice that he wasn't feeling comfortable and his eyes were different than usual. Of course he was smiling and trying to be cheerful but it wasn't sincere and his eyes gave away how he was feeling. Jieun didn't notice but I did. 

Ironic isn't it? She had known him since birth yet she couldn't realise his feeling for her. But I knew from the way he was looking at her that she wasn't just a friend to him. 

And Jin looked like he had caught a grasp of the situation too. That's why he was acting a little possessive. He had his arm around Jieun's waist holding her close to him. I have acknowledged him as my friends boyfriend already but I feel so sad seeing my... I mean our hamster Gyu like this. 

"I'm sorry. I can't hold back anymore" I exclaimed and attacked Sunggyu's cheeks. He tried to avoid me but failed. "The human who can defend my attack is yet to be born." I said full of confidence and managed to make him smile. We all laughed together and the sadness in his eyes seemed to have disappeared at least for that night.

I want to help him. But how?