26_Not_given_up

Sora's POV

We were all waiting impatiently for the doctors to come out of Jieun's room. It had already been about an hour since her heart stopped and she was still in the operating room.

Jin was just staring at the floor. He was lost in his thoughts or maybe he was too shocked to even think at such a time.

I tugged at Sunggyu's sleeve who was sitting next to me and told him to take Jin out for some fresh air. Jieun will be sad to see him like this if she wakes up. No! I mean when she wakes up. She will wake up... She's always been strong, she's not gonna give up yet. I know it.

Sunggyu listened to me and approached Jin. He didn't protest at all, he just did as Sunggyu told him and followed behind him.

Ten minutes later there were still no news.

It took half an hour for the door of the room to finally open. I had been pacing up and down the hall but when I saw the doctor getting out I stopped on my spot waiting for him to speak. To say what we all wanted to hear.

"Are you Lee Jieun's family?" he asked and I nodded since my voice wouldn't come out that moment. "We did the best we could..." he said and paused.

Jin's POV

"How could this happen?" I said after one hour of silence.

I was with Sunggyu and the boys outside of the hospital. Waiting.

Suga patted my back and his gesture helped me feel less stressed.

"Everything is going to be okay. You know that too right?" Namjoon said while giving me his warmest smile.

I want to believe that she's gonna be fine but the fact that there is a mere possibility of her heart to stop beating makes me go crazy.

They were all trying to persuade themselves that Jieun's going to be fine but I could see the worry in their eyes.

And the questions started haunting my mind. 'Who sent that message? I know it wasn't me but who would do such a -' my thought was interrupted when our manager approached us.

The atmosphere became really awkward and I noticed that he was trying to avoid making eye contact with me.

That's when it hit me.

My mind went blank and I grabbed him by the collar.

"It was you hyung? Why would you do something like that?" I asked furious and clenched my fist tight.

I couldn't control myself and punched him. Once, twice, three times. He didn't fight back but instead looked utterly guilty. If it weren't for the boys holding me back I don't know whether I would be able to stop myself.

"Why? Why?" I kept shouting

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry" was all he managed to say before Sunggyu's phone started ringing

"It's Sora" he said after checking his phone screen.

I froze at my place waiting for him to answer the phone

Sora's POV

Those seconds before the doctor completed what he wanted to say felt like an eternity.

"We did the best we could and managed to save her." he continued and smiled at me at the end of his sentence.

These were the most beautiful words I had heard the past few days.

"So can I see her now? Is she really okay?" I asked while looking straight into the doctor's eyes.

"Yes, of course you can. And she is fine. In fact she's going to regain consciousness any minute now" he answered and I couldn't hold back my excitement so I rushed in the room after giving him a tight hug followed by a ninety degree bow to thank him.

I immediately called Sunggyu to tell him and Jin the good news. In less than a minute I saw Jin running towards my direction.

"Where is she? I need to see her." he said trying to catch his breath

"Jin calm down! Look at me! She's okay. She might already be up. Get yourself together and go to her. I'm sure you're the first person she wants to see when she opens her eyes." I said while holding his shoulders.

His expression brightened up. His sincere smile came back.

"Thank you Sora" he said before opening the door to Jieun's room

Thank god this incident had a happy ending.