Strength

Chapter 39: Strength

*

Harry's Pov:

I watch her spin around the field grasses, gripping on the lengthy wheat as pulls them then throws it up the air as the wind makes it fall down to her direction. Her dress falls down mid-thigh length and it circled around her figure as she twirled, along with her long hair that flew around her face.

Looking around, what surrounded us were the plains of nothing but full grass up its peak of my hips. I feel myself walk closer to the joyful figure, her giggles filling my heart with warmth at the amount of genuineness it contained.

Standing next to her position, the scene being black and white as it always was in my dreams, I continually stared at her, her face still unknown from the blurred it had and only glimpses of each part of her faces was the only thing I could make out.

I wanted to come closer to her. I wanted to touch her seeming delicate skin. I wanted to talk to her. My mind directed to go forward but I remained, again not having any control over my actions. Finally giving up at my unmoved body, she suddenly stopped her twirls.

She giggled no more, her back facing mine as she stares out in expanse of the green fields. At last, she turned around to face me, her tears prickling around her eyes and flowing down her cheeks -each drop that fell on the grass darkening its gray shade to black.

Her mouth opened big as I see the veins on her neck pop out but I heard nothing. Staring at her, I began to take steps towards her, my hands reaching for hers as she shakes her head and continue to open her mouth.

I felt our surrounding darken, the only light set on us, my hand only millimeters away from touching hers.

"Harry!" A familiar feminine voice disrupted me away from my dream.

As I began to open my crusty eyes, the first thing I saw was my mum's worried features, while holding a glass of water in hand that my dry throat wishes for.

Putting down the water on the bedside table, she sat on the remaining available space on the side of the bed, slowly running her fingers through my hair and I whimpered at the thought of wanting Ariana to be the one comforting me now.

Normally when people wake up from a dream they would easily forget what they dreamt of but I remember it perfectly. In fact, I don't consider it as a dream, more of a nightmare.

I was scared to be honest to see the girl back in my beautiful nightmares yet once again, but deep inside I have missed seeing the girl. The only thing that frightened me was the different ending it projected. In the past when I reached for the girl's hand, the atmosphere between us doesn't change and then eventually when I am able to finally touch her hand I would wake up. This time it was different.

Her cries weren't clear. It was dark shade as if she was crying blood. When she opened her mouth, it seemed as if she was screaming. And I can't forget as I began reaching for her hand how the air around us changed - as I remember it clogging my throat at the lost of oxygen. What terrified me the most was when I looked up from our hands, there stood a tall person behind her cupping her mouth.

"I heard you panting so I came in. Here drink some water, it might help make you feel better," she offered as she grabs the glass of water handing it to me as I took it gratefully before swallowing the refreshing cold water to cool off my clammy skin.

After a moment of silence as I drank the water to its last bit, I spoke up.

"Thank you for letting me stay here for awhile mum," I said as I chugged the last droplet down my still parched throat.