All Back When

Chapter 15: All Back When

*

Harry's Pov:

There she sat once again wearing a sleek garb on the trailing plant rope, as she swung back and forth. Different hums and tones started in the milieu in a structure of numinous love story. I looked down on my feet as it began to move towards the girl on the vine. I tried to stop but I couldn't. I had no control whatsoever on my actions or words. I only had control of my own thoughts. I was just a small number of steps from her, until I finally came close to where she was. I still couldn't relatively make out who this anonymity girl was, since her back faced mine. There was no color, just untainted black and white.

Observing the place, letting my surroundings sink in, I finally figured out that I was at the lake that I would visit ever so often when I was in thought and need of some tranquility. However, the vine wasn't familiar to me.

I attempted to reach for her, touching her shoulder so I could finally know whose face it belonged but my body kept still. I stood there for what seemed like minutes just gawking at the view she was in sight of. She adored the sunset, and so did I.

Her face finally faced mine but it was unrecognizable. All I could see was blur in a megapixel form. I saw her lips move but no words were let out. I felt my lips move also but no words came out. I watched as she laughs at what I said and had an actual conversation, but I still had no indication on what was happening.

She smiled as she sees my hand reaches for hers.

Panting hard, sweat continually trickled down my forehead. My breaths slowly recovering to its normal pace, while my fingers creased on the bed sheets, I began my train of thoughts.

These past few days I have had the same dream in reiteration and it always ended in me arousing up on the identical precise part. I only had these classes of imaginings when Sophia was still around me. I was confused. Why does it come back when she wasn't even near me anymore and why now?

I glanced at my clock and fell back on my pillow as I noticed it was still 1 a.m.

I looked at the piece of paper in my hand, confused at the moment before I crumpled it open. There it had written numbers neatly written on it. I was puzzled trying to recall the earlier events today but then remembered that it was Ariana's. I didn't actually ask her for her number she just gave it to me out of the blue, which I didn't want at all but, not to be disrespectful I kept it for her sake.

Yesterday with Ariana made me feel lighten and unruffled once again, like my life before, with Sophia. We stayed at the lake longer than I predicted. She continued to tell me stories about her life. On those few minutes, it seemed like I finally knew her. She reminded me of Sophia.

To be honest, it didn't feel like I was talking to Ariana. It felt like I was talking to Sophia which was quite bizarre. I really wasn't interested in her but I was interested in her life story. I felt we both shared the same past story. Like I said before, I felt a connection with her.

Sometimes she would stop talking and look at me as if expecting me to tell her about mine as well. And when I didn't respond, she would carry on.

I snuggled on my pillow while trying to fall back asleep again, knowing that tomorrow would be very tiring.

But I couldn't. I sat there trying to figure out who the girl in my dream was. It was weird but even though it was all just a dream. I felt different. She made my heart flutter and she made me smile even though it was just an illusion.

I sighed as I thought for a moment, remembering the arrangement set.

Six more days until I face Taylor.

Ariana's Pov:

It's 1 a.m. and I'm still awake. Ever since the horrible scandal at Nando's I have been trying to figure out where I could get a job. I just received the electricity and water bills and the money I have saved was running out fast.

But that's not what was distracting me from my sleep. Earlier with Harry was quite interesting. I was able to see the other side of him that the stories in media antagonized. I told him about my life story, but not all of them. I wasn't ready to tell him about that and I don't think it will be soon or even ever. The only person who knew about my story was Josh and Anabelle. They were the ones who revived me and turned me into the person what I am now.

When telling my stories to Harry, his eyes illuminated in interest as if he wanted to hear them. Mostly, I started the conversations and did all the talking, while Harry just sat with me. To be honest when we came to the lake I had my doubts and I mostly expected Harry to yell or get his anger out on me, though what happened was opposite. When in the process of him telling him some of the decent parts of my life, I second thought if it was a good idea. However, I still babbled on.

These past days I have searched on the internet about Harry and One Direction. I wasn't trying to be a follower, but I felt the need to know more about him. I think he is basically part of my life now. In those magazine articles, fan websites, and much more. I have learned more common things about Harry but I felt like I didn't quite know him yet. The real Harry. The Harry no one knew but himself.

It may take awhile for him to open up but I hope he will. I am not one who usually gets involved with people's lives but with Harry it's different.

On those couple of minutes we spent, I felt like we have built a relationship, not a huge or strong one, but maybe at least he finally considers me as an acquaintance.

I locked in the bookmark on the book I was reading called Jane Eyre. At first I was interested on the beginning on how the poor Jane was abused by the juvenile of master she had but later on I felt as if the story only dragged on so I hadn't paid much attention on it lately.

Still not sluggish, I placed each ear bud of my headphone, plugging the extension to my phone's opening as I clicked on shuffle. Unexpectedly, it played "All Back" by Chris Brown, one of my personal favorites.

This song brought so many memories in the past with me and Josh, and I only wish I could go back to them.

"If I had a moment, I'd capture that moment, so you could be right here next to me..." I only whispered as the lyrics filled my eardrums.

My hand reached over the small drawer settled next to me as I struggled through the many disheveled papers. Finally grabbing a hold of what I sought to get, I brought one of the many pictures of Josh and I. Staring fixedly at the photo, I felt myself in the verge of tears, reminisces flowing back into wits. A teardrop fell on the photo and that's when I realized that I had already been crying.

The photo was Josh and I in a photo booth wearing wild attire. He wore a childish bear's mask, a top hat and a feathery, violet scarf around his neck. I, on the other hand, wore a huge pair of sunglasses, which was much bigger than my face, his obey snapback. We both had different colored paint streaked all over our body, including our face.

"If I had the minutes, I would turn them into hours, so I could make love to your mind not your body instead......." Chris Brown's melancholy voice sang in my ears.

I held on the corners of the pictures tightly and pressed it on my chest after planting a kiss on it.

No one can ever replace Josh. When I was broken, he was there. When I felt like I was dead, he was the one who revived me. And that's what I wanted to do to Harry.

On the day we met, he yelled and acted arrogant as I fought him back with my learned comebacks from Anabelle, even when I knew he was broken. Through his eyes I could see his soul crushed. In the few weeks I have known him, even if he spat some atrocious words that I never thought I would hear again, I knew that he can change like I did.

So from this day on I promise myself no matter what the struggle or obstacle in getting to know Harry or making him open up to me, I would take it like a woman.