Emotions

Chapter 30: Emotions

*

Ariana's Pov:

"Have a wonderful day."

I handed the young woman, who was wearing business attire, her order as she glistens a genuine smile and thanked for my service.

As I carefully observe her scurry off in expanse at the composed streets, I solidified as sudden warmth enveloped my cold shoulder.

"Ariana."

Realizing the familiar feminine tone I calmed down and faced Jenny who wore distressing features. Is it wrong that when she touched me I wished it was Harry? I still have the memory that night seeing him bruised and beaten, the cliché feeling I got when he dominated me with the kiss he stole and his hurt and baffled tone when I left with no further clarification about my additional bruise.

I tried to avoid her worrying face by looking down at my soles, which were sullied.

The few hours I worked with Jenny wasn't revolting like I projected, thinking the mishap argument she had with Harry would greatly affect her treatment towards me, which it did but not being strict; she would check up on how I was doing with the same scrunched eyebrows and friendly eyes asking if I was okay.

"Ariana I think you should just call it a day. Anyways you only have 15 minutes left so I'm sure the others can handle it from here," she offered.

Inhaling a lungful of air and exhaling it afterwards, I lifted my head staring at her pleading lime eyes that copied Harry's. My stomach churned as I missed those soft orbs that would intently bore into mine when we talked. I missed the usual silence we had when we were talking.

Sighing one last time, I flicked the strand of hair that continued to bother me off to the side that only resulted blowing to its original place and nodded my head my voice unreliable at the moment.

As I began to step away, Jenny stopped me again.

"I know we're not that close, but know that I'll always be here to talk okay?" she kept her usual firm voice, but from her eyes it was welcoming and all I could do was respond to a smile. She released her hand and gave me a slight smile before I wandered off the doors exiting the café and towards my car.

Just a few more steps into reaching my car door, a vibration distracted me from continuing. Reaching in my back pocket, not a flash of a familiar name from my contacts was presented, but only blinking numbers.

I looked at my screen for a few more seconds before it silenced and the flashing lights were replaced by a missed call. Thinking they dialed a wrong number, I slowly placed it in my front pocket and resumed towards my car.

Ready to use my keys to enter, the ringing from my phone lured my concentration.

Frustrated and tired, I pulled it out and the same numbers from before flashed again and from irritation I answered it bringing it towards my ear.

"Hello?"

Silence returned my greeting and I just grew more aggravated. If you're going to call me, why not fucking answer?

"Is this a joke of something? Hello?"

I spoke louder expecting a person laughing or giggling from the other line.

"Ariana can we please talk?"

All my displeasure was now substituted.

How did he get my number? I thought to myself.