Never Again

Chapter 3: Never Again

*

The deafening noise of my phone woke me up from my slumber, and I chucked a pillow over my ears wanting the disturbance to fade away or at least ruffle into silent murmurs. But of course it didn't work as I had hoped.

I lobbed my arm on the counter, my hand searching vulnerably for the device that incessantly rung in my ear.

When I finally had a hold of it, I brought it with me on my bed, broadening my hand away from my face and opening one eye - knowing that when you unlock your phone in the dark you will be blind.

Gradually opening my other eye, my sight finally adjusting, I seated my upper body up on the backboard of my bed and examined the text I received.

From: Louis

"Harry Paul told us that we have the day off. So no interviews. No photoshoots. No fan signing."

I smiled from the new information.

To: Louis

"Finally a break. Thank you Lou."

These are the things that Louis does for me.

I felt like the other lads just gave up on me like a charity case. Everyday hearing from them say my behavior will affect the band made me consider that they only cared about themselves and their careers.

I pulled the rest of my body on the corner of the bed and suppressed a morning yawn. Grabbing the plain white V-neck that laid with the rest of my disheveled clothes, I pulled it on and began stretching my arms wide.

Still tired, I was able to make my way to the kitchen and started making myself tea. I sat on the kitchen stool thinking on the things I should do today.

See okay if I plan to go out, I need a disguise of some sort because I want to have a normal day. Maybe I should wear like a hobo and a moustache. Wait no that's stupid. Scratch that out of the list. Harry come on, think.

I wanted a disguise because I didn't want the paparazzi ruining my mood by their dim-witted, repetitive questions, involving my personal life. Why do people care so much about other people's lives? I ask myself that everyday though I never seem to get a logical answer.

As I continue to plan on what to do, Molly jumped on my lap startling me, which made her nails seep through my skin. It didn't bother me that much since I was used to it.

"Hey there Molly, sorry daddy wasn't here yesterday to look after you." I calmed her as I petted her fur before she leaped off and rested on the couch pillow.

The sight of her made me smile. She is the only girl in my life right now and I'd like to keep it like that for a while.

When my tea was done, I decided to get some fresh air, so I grabbed my robe and headed outside. Stepping out on the pavement, I inhaled the brisk air of England and just looked at the empty streets. Just the way I like it; quiet and peaceful.

I almost dropped my mug when I heard a loud thump that came from the flat next to mine. Just when I was about to check what had happened, the girl from last night stormed out of her door. She looked like as if she had seen a ghost. When she finally noticed me, she took her time to look at me before she hesitantly waved.

"Hey!" she yelled even though we we're only a few feet apart. I shook my head, rejecting her morning greeting and walked back in my flat - the air that I used to adore turned foul by her presence.

The thump I heard must've been from her hitting head, since from her actions she has an amnesia forgetting what occurred last night. I laughed at the thought that I was going to be friends with a girl again.