Chapter One

"Hello, Blake. You've been accepted for being a judge on the show The Voice." Yee haw! After hearing those words, I feel thrilled to be a judge on "The Voice."

The Voice is an American reality television singing competition broadcast on NBC. The purpose of this show is to find new singing talent (solos or duets) contested by singers, aged 15 or over, drawn from public auditions.

I want to help singers pursue their dreams and help them become better singers. There will be four judges on this show, and one host. The other three judges are Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera, and Cee Lo Green. The host of this show is Carson Daly. I listened to all of their music before and I really love their voices, especially Adam's.

Today is the first day of the blind auditions of The Voice. I went to take a quick shower and then drank some coffee. I grabbed my keys and left my house. After locking the door, I walked to my car and drove to the studio where we will be taping The Voice.

As I was driving, I got a text message from my girlfriend, Miranda Lambert. "Good morning honey. Where are you going?" I don't know if I should text her while driving. Sometimes, she gets angry at me if I don't reply to her texts that fast. I make it up to her at home though, at bed. I've been in several car accidents before because I was driving and texting at the same time, but what the heck, that was a long time ago. She's also my girlfriend and I love her with all my heart. Being a badass, I texted Miranda back while driving. "I'm on my way to The Voice studio. I am a judge/coach on the show now." In less than a minute, she texted back. "Oh, congratulations! Have fun. I love you." "I love you too babe." She loves it when I call her "babe." I mean who doesn't like being called babe by their boyfriend? C'mon now!

I arrived at The Voice studio without getting into a car accident. When I entered the lobby of the studio, only Adam Levine was there sitting and reading a magazine. Our eyes met and he closed the magazine, tossing it on the floor. To be honest, he is one sexy looking guy. "Hey, nice to meet you Adam," I held out my hand hoping he will shake it. He shook my hand a little harder than I thought and said, "Hi, Blake. I'm so excited to be working with you, Christina, and Cee Lo. I know The Voice will be successful and one of the most popular shows in America. I can already feel it." Well, I am feeling Adam's hand and let me tell you something; I like this feeling.