26

I walk out the front door and down the steps with Jake behind me. I walked over to Emmett.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." Jake tells Emmett.

Oh no.

"We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone." Emmett snapped. I sigh. Here we go.

"I could care less what you need." Jake retorted.

"All right, we're done here." Emmett says irritated.

"No, you're done here." Jake said back.

"Stop" I yelled stepping in between them.

-

The next couple of days I got them to try to work together. It wasn't easy but it's not about rivalry anymore its about Bella, dad and I's safety.

-

Edward parked on the side of the road.

I got out and walked over to a shirtless Jacob.

"He beautiful." He says pulling me in for a hug. After he let me go he hugged Bella. Glad to see they made up.

"So, what do you guys want to do today? bike, hike, just hang? Your call. But we're going to a party tonight." Jacob said getting into the driver's seat of his car. I got shot gun.

-

"Are you sure this is okay?" I ask Jake once we got there. "I hate being a party crasher."

"Technically this is a council meeting. You see? The council leaders, dad, Quil's grandpa and Sue Clearwater. She took over for Harry when he died." He explained to me.

"Okay, I shouldn't be here." I told him

"You're okay.  Besides since your my imprint your allowed to these tings wit me."

"Oh." Was all I said.

"Jake" Seth came running over here.

"Hey."

"Its about time you got here. Paul's been hoovering the grub, but I save you some burgers." Seth said.

"Good looking out, bro." Jake and Seth began wrestling. I chuckled at their antics. I heard a little whistle.

"Come on, your dad's about to start." Seth said running back over to the others. Jake chuckled.

-

"The Quileute's have been a small tribe from the beginning, but we have always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors,  shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice. Our warriors' sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. And they were right." Billy went on with the story which I became very interested in hearing.

-

Jake and I still sat by the fire as everyone left. The fire was dying slowly. We were both silent, it was very calming.

"Ariana I have to tell you something." Jake says turning to face me completely. I look at him.

"What is it Jake?" He looked nervous.

"I....never mind." He said standing up. "Come on I should take you home." I reluctantly nodded and stood up.

I wonder what he was going to say.

_______________________

Vote/Comment