15

November

"How's Bella after everything?" Jake asked me. I sigh as I brought my knees up to my chest and drew little patterns in the sand with a sick.

"She's really upset about it, with her break up with Edward to him and his family leaving." He nodded.

"How are you though? You've never talked about it but you did date that Emmett guy didn't you?" I nodded.

"I did."

"So are you okay?" I shrug.

"I miss him. I still love him but unlike my sister I won't ignore everything that breaths." I stated. He stayed quiet. "They say it always the hardest getting over your first love....they weren't joking." I mumbled.

"Time does heal." Jacob stated.

"Agreed." I said. I stood up on the log. "Can we walk back to your place? I'm cold." I told him.

"Yea lets go." He said standing up.

We walked back to his house.
-
"No your not doing it right." I tell Jake. I'm staying for dinner and we are making. Well I am and he's trying to.

"Yes I am." He stated.

"No your not." I said.

"Yea-huh"

"Nuh-uh"

"Yea-uh."

"Nuh-uh. Now Jacob Black you can't cook to save your life let me do it." I say taking the bowl from him. I heard his father laugh as he wheeled his way into the kitchen.

"She's not wrong." Jacob huffed and I laughed.

After dinner Jake and I sat in the living room just chilling.

I stared off into space.

"You okay?" Jake asks me snapping me back into reality. I meekly nodded. "No your not what is it?" He asked. I look down at my hands fumbling with my sleeves. He took my hand into his. I slowly look up to him as a tear fell. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" He said wiping a tear away.

"Can you promise me something?" He nodded. "Don't leave me." I whispered. His face broke out into different emotions. He pulled me over to him hugging me.

"I promise you Ariana I will never leave or hurt you." He promised. I hugged him back tightly.

-
I closed my eyes and fall into yet another nightmare.

Dream

I found myself standing in the middle of the ballet studio. It was dark but the moonlight shone through the window allowing me to see.

"Ariana." I spun around to face the one saying my name but no one was there.

"Ariana." The voice whispered. I turned around and saw James a few feet away from me. He smirked at me as my eyes widened in horror.

"No." I whisper taking a few steps back. He tilted his head a bit eyeing me down. He ran towards me full speed and I felt the excruciating pain in my neck. I screamed.

"Ariana wake up. It's just a dream." My eyes snapped open as I gasped for air. I look over at my dad who had a worried expression on his face.

"I'm sorry for waking you." I whispered.

"It's alright. I was awake anyways."

Lie.

"Just, uh try to get some rest." He said clearing his throat before getting up to leave.

I sigh heavily falling back. I stare at the ceiling. And just when I thought it was getting better.

I haven't had a nightmare for 2 weeks. I look over at my alarm clock and the red digits read 2:47.

Should I call Jake? Ever since Emmett and the others left Jake and I hung out more. I've confided in him to talk about my nightmares. Well I twisted it up because he can't know about vampires.

I feel guilty waking him up though. Even if he told me to call him if I have one or if I just need to talk.

__________________________________

Vote/Comment