CHAP 4: a trip to St. Regis

"An Ice-cream shop? Really?" I said, and looked at Niall with disbelief. If he thinks a huge cup of ice-cream woud make me feel better, then he's right. It would definitely make me feel better. Truly a girl's best friend.

He grinned at me, knowing that I'm jumping up and down of joy inside. Staring at St. Regis (A/N It's from Sunday at Tiffany's. YOu guys should read the book. it's Ah-mazing!), it makes me wonder how an ice-cream shop could look this way. Simple yet elegant. Walls are painted beautifully with pink and blue stripes. Lacy white curtians can be seen draped on the windows, and the door, yuuuuuum, look so tasty in a cookies n' cream wall paper. 

We entered the shop, and a friendly looking old woman at the counter greeted us with a warm smile.

"What would you young children like?" She asked, even her voice is warm. She's like a grandma I want to have. I never met mine.

"One Pistachio with chocolate fudge, and one Strawberry creme. To go" Niall answered in his best Irish smile.

"That would be 5 dollar." She said and Niall handed her a 100 dollar bill.

"Keep the change." Niall said and I shook my head. Of course they like giving huge tips.

"Oh sir, I can't accept the huge tip!" The woman exclaimed, handing Niall his changed but my Irish old man shook his head.

"Please, accept it." Niall insisted and the woman smiled gratefully.

"Thank you sir. This will go to charity." She said, and Niall and I looked at each other.

"Wow, that's great!" I exclaimed. It's good to hear that in a flood of heartless people, there's still someone who cares. 

"What kind of charity?"

"For the homeless children. Fifty percent of our sales are given to them. My late husband loves teaching children, so when he passed away, I decided that I'd give money to the Charity he loves. Besides, they need it more than I do." She exclaimed, and I felt goosebumps all over. 

"Wow." Niall breathed, and took out a slip of paper from his wallet. A check. He carries checks? Boys and their pockets.

"Here's a hundred thousand dollars. Please give them to Charity." He simply said and my eyes nearly  popped out from their sockets. Popstars and their money. But I smiled at him, knowing that he's a really good person, thinking about others, helping in his own little way.